• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI

Hi.

I am a bit confused. I had authorised a claim company to check for PPI with the intention of doing this myself.
    As far as I was aware I never gave them authority to act on my behalf, they said I did.
    I did the leg work with HBOS and also put a claim into Santander, both upheld.
    Allay now want their share. Fair enough but how can they do this and why would they have sent authorisation forms for me to sign which I haven't if as they say I gave them authorisation in the first place?
    I am happy to pay them but do I have to?
    Tags: None

You signed nothing with Allay ? No letter of authority ? No scribble on any document sent by email or text ? Is the only thing you did literally complete a form online and click submit ?

Can you check your emails - see if you had anything from Allay and post it here.

Ask HBOS and Santander to send you copies of any third party authority they have for your accounts.

Ask Allay for the same and any signed terms of engagement / agreement between you and they.

Do you recall what website you filled your details in on?

Was it this form at all? https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...96#post1494696
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi that looks very similar to the form I filled in.
      Have asked Allay for proof of authority.
      Will update when I have it.
      If I did sign up or if it is something they can do after a set period of time then why bombard with texts and emails which I have to admit I largely ignored (there were loads, it felt like harassment) and send me additional Authority forms to fill in and send back to them?

Many thanks

Saracornwall

Comment

You likely made an enquiry for a "free ppi check" without realising ( because they don't say ) that they would contact your lenders and start claims without any further communication.

Ask HBOS and Santander for any letters of authority they have received from Allay as well. Then you can see if they match up.

Then, if they are signed letters of authority, you'll have to work out how you signed them.... and if they're not signed why your bank is sending third parties your data without the proper authorisation.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Oh, I'm so pleased I found this thread......some years ago I had very useful help on this forum re: PPI and managed to sort my own out. However, like some on this forum I wondered whether I had missed any out and also signed up for what I thought was a free PPI check with Allay - lo and behold numerous phone calls and texts from them. *I absolutely do not recall signing anything at all either on line and definately not in the post. *In fact I don't think I finished completing the online form as I didn't want to give any further details out. *I did not complete any questionnaires they sent to me either.

To cut a long story short I received a few letters from HBOS stating they were looking into my claim. *I had previously two payouts from them a few years ago on two different account numbers. *However, this was a totally different a/c number and one I absolutely cannot trace in any of my paperwork. *A few days ago, another letter from HBOS saying they were not upholding my PPI claim however, they were going to pay me commission and this would be paid within 28 days either by cheque or into my account. *Literally a day later the money was in my account. *It was a very nice unexpected Christmas present. *

However, perhaps not unexpectedly I have also today received an invoice from Allay for their fee ! *Now I am unsure where I stand - as said, I am 100% sure I did not sign anything in writing for them to act for me and also sure I did not sign anything on line. *A few months ago I had a screaming match with them on the phone when they were bombarding me with calls and with them telling me if I cancelled they would invoice me for work done anyway ! *I think I put the phone down ! *As said, I have always done my own PPI complaints with help from this forum and would have done so on this one had I been aware of it. *This account number is different to the two that I had success on with HBOS.

Also they tried the same with a Santander account - again I have no knowledge of this particular account number ! though this has not been successful.

Therefore just really wondering what to do about this invoice ? To just pay up or to take it further and ask for copies of signatures from them and/or HBOS and what my chances are of getting anywhere ? *Any help and advise really appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.....

Daisy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X