• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay Claims Ltd forging my signature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay Claims Ltd forging my signature

In 2018 one evening I completed a PPI enquiry with Allay and got sent forms to complete that I never completed. (still got the envelope unopened)
    On 20th June 2019 I was sent an email inviting me to "pick up where you left off" - to my memory I did not respond to this.
    Sometime after this I received a telephone call from them where she asked me whether she should submit my name to all of the banks - I did not agree for her to do so on my behalf.
    On 4th July I got a text "84% of our winning clients DIDNT know they had PPI.... START YOUR FREE CHECK NOW" - I did not respond
    I then submitted claims to Barclays, Natwest and a few others directly.
    On 5th August (and on every weekday until the 6th September) I got a "We've won text' which also said that "To beat the PPI deadline we have submitted your claim..... Please CLICK and COMPLETE" - I did not
    On the 10th September I got a text -"Thank you for sending us your details. We can now confirm that we have forwarded these to Barclays..." I never sent them any details
    On 30th September I got a text "..Barclays have agreed a refund"
    Refund was paid to me directly and then I got a phone call from Allay requesting a £1k+ payment. I explained that I did not recall authorising them to act for me and asked for copy of whatever authorisation they had.
    I received a copy "Letter of Authority" dated 3rd July which had a signature which was clearly not mine.

1- Am I liable for their fees?
    2- Are they criminally liable for forging my signature?

Any help or advice would be very welcome

Tags: None

Disgusting behaviour.

Ask Barclays to send you a copy of any third party authorisation they hold for them to share your personal financial details with Allay. I'd also send them a Subject access Request, see what they sent to Allay without having such authority.

IS the signature vaguely like your actual signature or entirely different ? ( ie. is it meant to look like your signature that they have got from somewhere - maybe on a document sent to them by the bank - or is it just a random made up signature )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

1- Have spoken to Barclays - they have the same authorisation that Allay copied to me
      2- The forged signature is entirely different to mine (mine 45% slant theirs upright +jagged writing mine rounded)

Comment

So there's two complaints. One to Barclays for not checking your signature and for communicating with a third party without your authorisation and one to Allay for fraudulently applying your signature and acting without your authorisation.

I don't know how they think they can get away with this.

You know the claim documents pack sent by Allay - was that sent by recorded/signed for post at all ?

pt2537 - did I see you have taken on the other case that was in similar circumstances to this ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I think contacting your other lenders and checking with them if they think they have valid third party authorities on your accounts - and if they do to cancel them and send copies to you - would be a good idea. Then complaints to all of them, as well as Allay, with a view to taking it to the financial ( and cmc ) ombudsman.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Claims document pack was sent as normal post and I still have it unopened & sealed

I have also just received a Demand for payment with a seven day notice of proceedings - would you advise me to ignore or respond to this

Comment

Can you send me a pic of the letter pls ( admin@legalbeagles.info )

I wondered if they'd sent the claims pack by signed for post then skanked the signature off the delivery confirmation report on Royal Mail ... probably giving them too much credit there
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Have you sent me the letter? If it's an lba we'll need to respond xxx
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sent it to 'admin@legalbeagles.info' on 21/10 at 18:52 - please advise if you need it resent

Comment

Like BrianWG, EXACTLY the same has happened with me. I asked them for a copy of my signature and they sent me one today via email and it is also a forgery. I have also NEVER spoken to them, NEVER sent in ANY forms (also received them but after reading the first one, I binned them and probably about 10 arrived after that where they urged me to sign but I just binned it). They also threaten me now but how I feel is that they have 'stolen' my information to use to benefit themselves! Should I also contact the bank? I don't want them to get away with this!

Comment

Can you check your emails... especially spam/junk folder, and also text messages and browser history if possible - anything like ' omnisign ' or any links asking you to sign anything ? See if your browser history has anything for Allay or freeppicheck etc.

How close is the signature to your actual signature - does it resemble your signature or is it completely utterly different ( eg does is have initial, surname, when your signature is full first name surname etc ).

Do you have any recollection of completing ANY facebook or website 'check if you;ve ever had PPI' type form ?

(I'm not doubting you at all btw, I'm just trying to get someone to do some digging to see how this company have got hold of signatures ( if they have ). )

And yes, you should contact the bank and ask them for a copy of any communications sent to or from them by Allay - particularly any subject acces request or letter of third party authority. While you're on to them, you could ask them what their policy/requirements are to check any third party authority letter is genuine.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by BrianWG View Post
                        Sent it to 'admin@legalbeagles.info' on 21/10 at 18:52 - please advise if you need it resent
                        I'm sure I have seen it Brian...I'll check where we are and why I haven't posted / confirmed receipt xxx Ahhh, checked now and yes I'd replied on email... I'll sort out some redaction so I can keep the thread updated xxx

'Demand for payment' from Allay ( not a letter before action )

Click image for larger version

Name:	allay letter.png
Views:	1
Size:	438.1 KB
ID:	1495894
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          Can you check your emails... especially spam/junk folder, and also text messages and browser history if possible - anything like ' omnisign ' or any links asking you to sign anything ? See if your browser history has anything for Allay or freeppicheck etc.

How close is the signature to your actual signature - does it resemble your signature or is it completely utterly different ( eg does is have initial, surname, when your signature is full first name surname etc ).

Do you have any recollection of completing ANY facebook or website 'check if you;ve ever had PPI' type form ?

(I'm not doubting you at all btw, I'm just trying to get someone to do some digging to see how this company have got hold of signatures ( if they have ). )

And yes, you should contact the bank and ask them for a copy of any communications sent to or from them by Allay - particularly any subject acces request or letter of third party authority. While you're on to them, you could ask them what their policy/requirements are to check any third party authority letter is genuine.
                          No I have definitely not signed anything EVER online. Like Brian I do remember clearly one of those pop up PPI enquiry forms which said something like find out right now if you have PPI. I started filling out my name and address but when they started asking me for previous addresses I knew that it was not an instant yes or no so I abandoned the form without going further. the next thing was the letters came through the post asking me to sign and for information like bank accounts , addresses etc. I binned them, never replied, also NEVER answered any calls (I don't answer ANY calls on my phone if it is not from family or friends). Now here is the proof that I did not sign anything and that I know this is fraud. A friend of mine told me just after this about The Fair Trade Practice and I signed up with them. I contacted them online, they asked me a convenient time to call me, I spoke to them, gave them all the info they wanted, they sent me a pack via post, I signed it and as far as I am concerned I owe THEM money, but the letter from the bank state Allay so somehow Allay got to the Bank first. People could argue that I could just pay Allay and this whole thing goes away, but I am so angry that they think they can get away with this. I will now contact the bank, but I get the feeling Barclays will say the same as they said to Brian (above)

Comment

Still get on to them though - copies of and logs of all communications they've had about you / on your behalf with third parties. A SAR if they won't simply provide the info on request.

This needs complaining about to the cmc ombudsman , ICO and FCA , but you need the information first.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for this. Will keep you posted once I've got the info from the bank.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X