• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay requesting money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay requesting money

I have previous applied for and received several payouts for PPI from several banks inc Lloyds.
    i decided with the deadline to see what Lloyds might owe me and applied for a recheck on my loans and cards.
    during this period I was contacted by some company called Allay claiming they knew I was owed money by Lloyds and asking me to use them,
    i have never signed any paperwork from them and forms they sent were binned .
    Lloyds have told me they agree they still owe me and I now have a email with attached bill from Allay requesting money.

Please can someone advice what they have to produce to prove their claim since I have never filled in any agreement or signed any authorisation

thank you
    Tags: None

Ask Lloyds for a copy of any letters of authority to enable them to deal with third parties regarding your accounts, and what contact they have had with Allay

And send a Subject Access Request to Allay https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for your advice I have posted letters requesting the information.
      what do I do with the reply from Allay, assuming they reply, and what if they do not?

Comment

ooooh yes, have a look at these regulations, they are quite helpful, especially the bit about cancellation rights and the cancellation form http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2.../contents/made shame Allay didnt read it it seems
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Very kind, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Adwb View Post
            Thank you for your advice I have posted letters requesting the information.
            what do I do with the reply from Allay, assuming they reply, and what if they do not?
            They should respond to the Subject Access Request at least within 30 days as they are obliged to under the Data Protection Act. You can make a complaint to the ICO if they fail.

They don't seem to be too shy about providing the documents so I'd expect them to do so, and then we can figure out exactly where you stand and what to do next xxxx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

They should respond to the Subject Access Request at least within 30 days as they are obliged to under the Data Protection Act. You can make a complaint to the ICO if they fail.

They don't seem to be too shy about providing the documents so I'd expect them to do so, and then we can figure out exactly where you stand and what to do next xxxx
              Thank you, I have yesterday received from Allay by registered mail containing
              a letter stating they received my request for information and the data they hold
              a blank letter of authority
              3 copies of letters of authority dated 18-06-19 which have signatures that certainly are not mine which have been sent to RBS and Lloyds banking group
              and they have also included blank ppi claim forms their terms and conditions and all the replies from Lloyds bank to them,

As I suspected they have actually contacted Lloyds bank with no written authorisation from me.

I am still awaiting the documents that were requested from Lloyds bank who have written and told me I will receive them by the 30th of this month.

So where do I go from here?

Interestingly Allay have gone from threatening a summons for non payment to sending their original letters saying I owe them for commission.

regards to all

Alistair

Comment

3 copies of letters of authority dated 18-06-19 which have signatures that certainly are not mine
                Does it look anything like your actual signature ? Say, as your signature might look if done on a PDA or screen ( like when you sign for parcels ) ? or entirely different ( like full first and surname when your signature is initial and surname etc )

Once you get the stuff from Lloyds you can see what they sent to Allay ( and whether that included anything with your signature on that might have been copied ) and when they sent anything in comparison to when they received the letter of authority - also if there is anything showing checks were made that the third party authority letter was genuine.

Can you see in the Allay stuff when Lloyds first spoke to/wrote to Allay - and how does that compare date wise to when you asked for the free ppi check, and to when you received forms from Allay ( the ones you binned )?

Once we've figured a bit more out you can get together a complaint to Allay, Lloyds, probably the ICO and the CMC & Financial Ombudsman. The problem isn't so much Allay contacting Lloyds without your consent - its Lloyds communicating your personal financial data to Allay without authority from you.
                The Allay / CMC ombudsman complaint would be on the manufactured signature, and the Lloyds / Financial Ombudsman / ICO complaint would be on Lloyds not doing basic checks before disclosing data to a third party.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Does it look anything like your actual signature ? Say, as your signature might look if done on a PDA or screen ( like when you sign for parcels ) ? or entirely different ( like full first and surname when your signature is initial and surname etc )

No the signature does not look anything like mine , not even what passes as a signature on a delivery drivers PDA. I can send you copies of my signature, and their supplied "signature" if you like?

Once you get the stuff from Lloyds you can see what they sent to Allay ( and whether that included anything with your signature on that might have been copied ) and when they sent anything in comparison to when they received the letter of authority - also if there is anything showing checks were made that the third party authority letter was genuine.

Ok I will wait to see what Lloyds send us.

Can you see in the Allay stuff when Lloyds first spoke to/wrote to Allay - and how does that compare date wise to when you asked for the free ppi check, and to when you received forms from Allay ( the ones you binned )?

I am not sure about this , I will have to go through all the documents and look at dates.

Once we've figured a bit more out you can get together a complaint to Allay, Lloyds, probably the ICO and the CMC & Financial Ombudsman. The problem isn't so much Allay contacting Lloyds without your consent - its Lloyds communicating your personal financial data to Allay without authority from you.
                  The Allay / CMC ombudsman complaint would be on the manufactured signature, and the Lloyds / Financial Ombudsman / ICO complaint would be on Lloyds not doing basic checks before disclosing data to a third party.
                  I certainly think that Lloyds should have asked me if I had in fact authorised Allay to act on my behalf, that they never did, they sent me a claim for which I did fill out and return and made it very clear on that form that I had not given Allay permission to cat for me.

any way lets see what Lloyds send and go from there/

thank you for you assistance I realy appreciate your help

Comment

I have received from Lloyds bank copies of internal documents relating to searches for bank products used by me and copies of the agreements relating to those products..
                    They have also included copies of search requests and my supposed authorisation to do this which are the same as already sent to me by Allay..

There are also copies of letters sent to Allay informing them that the searches had returned no valid ppi claims apart from one which is the subject of this matter.

They have also enclosed copies of the original applications to lloyds Bank from 2001, 2010, 2015 all of which bear my signature that is not only the same in each case but the same as the signature I still use today.

This signature bears no resemblance to the signature supplied by Allay on the authorisation forms sent to Lloyds.

Advice please on how to proceed with your suggestions from your previous reply.

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Adwb View Post
                      I have received from Lloyds bank copies of internal documents relating to searches for bank products used by me and copies of the agreements relating to those products..
                      They have also included copies of search requests and my supposed authorisation to do this which are the same as already sent to me by Allay..

There are also copies of letters sent to Allay informing them that the searches had returned no valid ppi claims apart from one which is the subject of this matter.

They have also enclosed copies of the original applications to lloyds Bank from 2001, 2010, 2015 all of which bear my signature that is not only the same in each case but the same as the signature I still use today.

This signature bears no resemblance to the signature supplied by Allay on the authorisation forms sent to Lloyds.

Advice please on how to proceed with your suggestions from your previous reply.

thank you
                      I'll give Amethyst a shout.

Comment

Great.

Is there a copy of the request for information that Allay sent to Lloyds with the LOA's ? Can you work out a timeline ( ie when you made enquiry with allay, when you received the forms which you binned, when Allay wrote to Lloyds, when Lloyds first contacted Allay etc etc )

You want to make a formal complaint to Lloyds about their disclosure of your information based on the request made by Allay and the LOA's. Ask what checks were made by Lloyds before they disclosed your data ( can you see what they did send? - any screen notes or copies of letters to Allay ? ) re-iterating to them that you did not give any authorisation to Allay to act on your behalf and did not sign the LOA's.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Great.

Is there a copy of the request for information that Allay sent to Lloyds with the LOA's ? Can you work out a timeline ( ie when you made enquiry with allay, when you received the forms which you binned, when Allay wrote to Lloyds, when Lloyds first contacted Allay etc etc )

You want to make a formal complaint to Lloyds about their disclosure of your information based on the request made by Allay and the LOA's. Ask what checks were made by Lloyds before they disclosed your data ( can you see what they did send? - any screen notes or copies of letters to Allay ? ) re-iterating to them that you did not give any authorisation to Allay to act on your behalf and did not sign the LOA's.
                          Thank you i will follow your advice and let you know what Lloyds reply looks like?

In the interim what do I say, or not say, to Allay who seem to have gone a bit quiet ? I am concerned that they follow through with their threat to take court action, the last letter threatening this was sent on the 18/11/19 so it might be they are giving up

Comment

Quiet is fine.* More fool them if they try a court claim - I don't think I have actually seen one as yet - they would have to defend those signature pages... lack of cancellation terms, and so on, in court, which I suspect they won't particularly fancy doing so I really wouldn't worry until/unless it happens.

Don't think we've seen a copy of their 18th Nov letter have we? or was that just the letter that came with the SAR copies? * If it was anything else, possibly a letter before claim then it might be worth posting it ( suitably anonymised ) to check if you NEED respond. They'll obviously know you made a SAR request so will be expected a reply at some point. I'd like to get your Lloyds complaint underway first to see what they come back with.

Ummm 18/6/2019 - date of the LOA's - is that date related to anything else?* date you completed the original enquiry form? date they telephoned you? do you remember when you received the forms they sent you that you binned? Any emails at all ?

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Quiet is fine. More fool them if they try a court claim - I don't think I have actually seen one as yet - they would have to defend those signature pages... lack of cancellation terms, and so on, in court, which I suspect they won't particularly fancy doing so I really wouldn't worry until/unless it happens.

Don't think we've seen a copy of their 18th Nov letter have we? or was that just the letter that came with the SAR copies? If it was anything else, possibly a letter before claim then it might be worth posting it ( suitably anonymised ) to check if you NEED respond. They'll obviously know you made a SAR request so will be expected a reply at some point. I'd like to get your Lloyds complaint underway first to see what they come back with.

Ummm 18/6/2019 - date of the LOA's - is that date related to anything else? date you completed the original enquiry form? date they telephoned you? do you remember when you received the forms they sent you that you binned? Any emails at all ?
                              looking at the letter(s) of demand I have the impression they are just sent automatically once a certain time frame is reached, so I am not perturbed about that for now.
                              I will write to LLoyds asking them:-

What steps they took to authenticate I had given Allay any authority?

That Allay are demanding money for services because LLoyds sent them private information.

That the signature on the sample LOA's bears no resemblance to any of the several sample signatures on the copy loans documents they sent me by Lloyds

Why when i wrote on the PPI claim application that I had not given Allay any authorisation to enquire let alone act on my behalf no action was taken over this.

Do I need to ask about anything else?

Please can you ask this site owner to check why I do not get any notification of a reply on this post? I looks in my profile like it is enabled.

regards
                              Alistair

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X