• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay PPI "free check" problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay PPI "free check" problem

I did have a look at the other thread on this board, but my problem is slightly different. I have already received my PPI settlement that I initiated myself. However, while thinking about the possibility of a PPI claim I followed an online link from Allay to "see" if I could make a claim. I did not finish the online form at the time.

Allay started bombarding me with emails and phone calls congratulating me that a claim was possible and that I should now follow more steps (online or verbally). I have not proceed with them. Allay are now chasing me saying I completed a digital signature and are accountable to them. Its a bit confusing and the few times I answer the phone the person speaking seems to be boxing me into a corner to agree to cancel and pay fees. I don't remember agreeing to anything.

When I mentioned this to them they used words like "fraud" and "police".

I'm worried that I'm being taken for a ride, or am accountable?

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Oliver Fry View Post

I did have a look at the other thread on this board, but my problem is slightly different. I have already received my PPI settlement that I initiated myself. However, while thinking about the possibility of a PPI claim I followed an online link from Allay to "see" if I could make a claim. I did not finish the online form at the time.

Allay started bombarding me with emails and phone calls congratulating me that a claim was possible and that I should now follow more steps (online or verbally). I have not proceed with them. Allay are now chasing me saying I completed a digital signature and are accountable to them. Its a bit confusing and the few times I answer the phone the person speaking seems to be boxing me into a corner to agree to cancel and pay fees. I don't remember agreeing to anything.

When I mentioned this to them they used words like "fraud" and "police".

I'm worried that I'm being taken for a ride, or am accountable?

Thank you.
    If you didnt enter into a contract with them then you shouldnt have any issue, if they are saying you entered into a contract with a digital signature then ask them for a copy of the contract

there are various regulations on distance selling, if they havent complied with them then it coulld give you a get out of jail card
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post

If you didnt enter into a contract with them then you shouldnt have any issue, if they are saying you entered into a contract with a digital signature then ask them for a copy of the contract

there are various regulations on distance selling, if they havent complied with them then it coulld give you a get out of jail card
      Thank you for that.

They are saying that they have a digital signature. I'm guessing this was hidden in the terms and conditions that I didn't read. If this is the case, am I done for? Should I ask for proof anyway?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver Fry View Post

Thank you for that.

They are saying that they have a digital signature. I'm guessing this was hidden in the terms and conditions that I didn't read. If this is the case, am I done for? Should I ask for proof anyway?

Thanks again.
        Id get a copy of the contract they claim you signed up to, there may well be a few hidden issues for them to have to overcome
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Also, I had a look at the distance selling regulation and it doesn't cover financial services. Would a PPI check not be covered?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post

Id get a copy of the contract they claim you signed up to, there may well be a few hidden issues for them to have to overcome
            Thanks, I'll do that.

Comment

Signing up to a service, such as Claims Management services, is covered by http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...lation/12/made as well.

They are also subject to FCA rules CMCOBS - you particularly want to read CMCOB 4 - pre-contractual. ( 4.2.7 - 4.2.9 )

Check your emails to see exactly what, if anything, they sent you.

CMCOB Claims Management: Conduct of Business sourcebook
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Aye, a breach of the distance selling regs though kills it dead, as if the facts are right, you can simply lodge termination notice and walk, obviously that does depend on what info you were given at the start. No cancellation rights info then game over

Comment

Some not very good Trust Pilot reviews https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www...ges=en&stars=1

Comment

Another thing I remember, I never completed the form. There were too many questions, so I didn't bother.

I found a record of my online activity and it does appear to say "awaiting submission - formstack" and it links to the Allay claim form. Is this proof that I did not submit the form?

The pictures show my Google Chrome activity which links to the detail of the text from the Allay form.

Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a similar thing to a Passport application company we had some dealings with a while back.... as you click through the form to complete the data you have entered is received by the company, so even if you never click submit the company have your data, they are then in a position to start claims and contacting you, potentially while misleading you into thinking you did complete the form, submitted it and ticked a signature box ( although the Third Party Authorisation letters should require an actual physical signature )

I don't think your Chrome history would be evidential enough, though hopefully satisfies yourself that you didn't submit the form.

Check any emails you received off of Allay after you started filling in the form.

And I think you already sent the SAR to Allay and to your bank/lenders to find out what they have TPA wise?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        Looks like a similar thing to a Passport application company we had some dealings with a while back.... as you click through the form to complete the data you have entered is received by the company, so even if you never click submit the company have your data, they are then in a position to start claims and contacting you, potentially while misleading you into thinking you did complete the form, submitted it and ticked a signature box ( although the Third Party Authorisation letters should require an actual physical signature )

I don't think your Chrome history would be evidential enough, though hopefully satisfies yourself that you didn't submit the form.

Check any emails you received off of Allay after you started filling in the form.

And I think you already sent the SAR to Allay and to your bank/lenders to find out what they have TPA wise?

I think you are right. The link page says in faded text that the info I add to the page is recorded in real time. This is how they got me. When I said I didn't complete the form the person on the phone used words like "fraud" and "police". Words designed to scare me, and it worked.

I did search the meaning of the acronyms SAR and TPA, on this site and Google, but was unable to find a conclusive meaning?

By the way, the info I am getting from this site is helping me a lot. I was intimidated by their coercive phone speak and its affecting me. I feel more confident now. Like you said, I'm quite positive I didn't press send and agree to the terms and conditions. I still receive many calls every day from the Allay hunt team with the standard sales pitch etc.. I need to have them send me the proof that I clicked through.

Thank you all again.

Comment

Just an update.

I've made a spreadsheet cataloguing all the calls and found the number, date and time I called when I was told I had to incur charges if I wanted to cancel the "free PPI check". And the call I made where I denied signing up for a paid service and was threatened with words like "fraud" and "police".

I've spoken to the FSA, but they seemed to just want to mediate a financial resolution and weren't interested in my complaints regarding Allay's work practice.

So I've emailed the CEO of Allay and very politely laid out the problems I've had with his company. I'm waiting for a reply.

Thanks

Comment

SAR - Subject Access Request ( data protection act /GDPR ) Request to obtain all data held relating to you as an individual.

what you want is to ask both allay and the lender for a copy of the letter of authority you allegedly signed - and allay for a copy of the agreement you allegedly signed with them. Worth just asking directly to start with and if they won't, send a formal SAR - example https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Not to tempt fate, but...

Its now been 13 business days since I emailed the Director of Allay, Stuart Bell. I've not received any calls, just the odd text. I've gone from about 20 calls a week to none. I'm hoping this is the last of it.

If anyone else comes across this post and want some help;

Do a Google search for "director of Allay claims"
                              Look for a website called "ceoemail" - this will give you his email and advice on how to word your messages.

This is the email I sent him;

Dear Mr Bell,

thank you in advance for taking the time to read this email.

Briefly; I followed a link for a free PPI check from your company Allay. Since then I have had a number of problems. I have been bombarded by calls, texts and emails, some have been very threatening.

When I attempted to have Allay stop contacting me I was asked if I would accept any charges in return for stopping the free PPI check.

I am unsure why I should incur chargers for a free PPI check? Or have to pay to stop the free PPI check?

I phoned the number given to me, and during the discussion the person on the phone used words like "fraud" and "police".

Why am I being threatened with these words for not wanting a free PPI check?

May I ask you to look into this please?

Thank you in advance.

(I included my full name and address)

Good luck to you!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X