• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

commitments protection plc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commitments protection plc

hi i had a phone call about a week ago askiing about my mortgage ? The company commitments prot ltd asked about my mortgage and said that i should speak to one of their advisors re miss sold . the guy came round and went through his speel . then asked for 966 pounds to proceed .. we asked if there was 14 days to cancel which he said yes. i did some digging into CPL and could not find anything good , re getting people they claims back .. , the rep dangeled a 15,000 pounds plus return in front of us if it was success ful . so we paid . i have just recieved a call from synergy financial solutions saying they we acting on our behalf ... no one can give me difinative answer to whether i should procceed or cancel , and advice would be greatful ... ps love the forum .
    Tags: None

Goodness. Okay, have you paid this £966 upfront ?

Your gut is telling you to cancel, you are within the 14 days, so cancel. If you do so do it in writing so there is no question. How did you make the payment?
    Have you a copy of the terms and conditions you signed up to? What is the deal regarding a refund of the upfront payment?

If you have a genuine concern about misselling ( of what btw? your mortgage? payment protection on the mortgage? interest only vs repayment etc ? life insurance ? ) you should make a complaint directly yourself and take it to the financial ombudsman if necessary.

What's this supposed £15k refund from ?

Is this Synergy that contacted you ?
    and this Commitements Protection Ltd - https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...000000MfW5NAAV ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply
      yes i paid upfront on debit card we are only 7 days into the appointment , but i had a phonecall off synergy finance sol today saying they were taking my claim up , for over the retirement age mortgage , self cert , interest only , overpayments etc.
      i asked if i cancel can i call S F S , and they said yes . but they only go for the miss selling (i beleive ) If i am succseful in winning that part , then comm finance sol instruct a solicitor to go for the interst on the above (is what i also believe ) .
      the 15 k refund or even larger is if it goes to court and the saleman said he had just got someone 70k back for similar !
      what i cannot get is someone even th FCA to tell me if this is a scam , all anyone can say is they (CPL) are registered ....
      as for the upfront payment i presume it will be put back on the card in full ..... but if they have started the ball rolling who knows ...

Comment

Stay away and DO NOT part with any money, you will regret it like we have. Paid a big price!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X