• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

v Bank Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v Bank Smart

EXC

Posted on behalf of new user

Wondering if you can help me please

Please see attached correspondence form Bank Smart, who i have googled reviews on and got your email.
    They have sent my father this letter demanding payment of over £1000 for work done on a PPI claim
    My father never got any money from a PPI claim from them and has not received any letter in which they are saying they have posted.
    My father is a pensioner and is very upset with regards to this letter received
    As you can see in May 2017 he id pay £317 odd to this company which i did not know about , he said he just wanted it to go away as he kept getting letters from them at the time. When i logged on with the log on details supplied in the letter, it say case closed......
    I have emailed them my concerns with the letter sent and disputed why my father has to pay this money for nothing, its robbery !!!
    Just wanting some help and advice where i can take this too

Any help and guidance is so much appreciated

Many thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	ED786968-2AF0-4E72-B6E6-9CB9F1DF3EBD.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1486389
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

I think the first thing your dad needs to do is to speak to the Halifax PPI team and ask them whether there has been a claim and what happened with it. If they can't tell him then he could send a subject access request to Halifax for documentation relating to his mortgage.

They seem to be assuming they are due some commission rather than invoicing for breach of contract or cancellation… Do you know if the £300 he previously paid was for the same Halifax mortgage account?

You should probably also get your dad to send a subject access request to bank smart to find out exactly what they've been doing and what authorisation was given to them by your dad to begin with… And also what other claims might be in the system and likely to poke their heads up later.

Subject access request letter can be found here for example…https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...ccess-request/

Now that the PPI deadline for claiming has passed we are going to see a lot of dubious bills coming out from various claims management companies as they try to retain some form of cash flow.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X