• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bank Smart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Smart

Got stung by this company four years ago and had to pay out a sum of money with threats of court action even though I was never entitled to PPI ,and have there for had no dealings with them since. Just received another letter from them asking if I would like a search done again on unclaimed PPI before closing date in August. The enclosed paperwork has a letter of authority highlighting my personal bank and recent card details up to 2018 which Iam concerned about , as I have not given permission for them to carry out any searches on my behalf . Surely they are in breach of the data protection act , searching my recent financial background. Please could you advise.
    Tags: None

Hi,

Bank Smart seem to be trying it on somewhat with ex ( and current ) clients prior to the PPI deadline at the end of August.

I would respond to them saying No, and asking them to provide you with copies of any authorisation they believe they hold for having searched your credit file, probably ask for a full subject access request - request copy of all data they hold on you.

I'd do that first and then, depending what comes back, make a formal complaint with a view to taking it to the Information Commissioners Office and the Financial Ombudsman.

Do you recall why you ended up paying them before, despite them being no win no fee and you having no PPI. Was it a breach of contract invoice because you weren't sending back letters of authority ?

Tagging EXC for info.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I'd agree with what Amethyst advised. Are you sure you didn't give them permission in the past to look at your credit file? I ask because a couple of people did years ago and BS have done recent searches.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X