• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UClaim4Me have used an electronic signature for LOA without my consent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amethyst and EXC ...Here is a copy of my draft letter attached. I have tried to cover all points as concisely as possible. If either of you has time to give it a quick read before I send it, I would really appreciate it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Not bad but just a couple of things:

she then offered to drop the commission rate to 20% + vat when I stated I did
      not instruct them to act on my behalf
      It's not clear what (or indeed if) they originally asked you to pay in commision but you should include that if they did.

I request a subject access request in the first instance and a meaningful explanation as to how you
      are going to proceed with my complaint.
      This could imply that you're not going to complain until they've satisfied your SAR request. I wouldn't mention the SAR in the complaint but make it seperately using the standard request format and edit to suit https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters...ght-of-access/

I would change the above sentence to something like:

I expect you to deal with this complaint in acordance with the complaints procedures requirments of the Claims Mangement Regulator and should I not be satisfied with your final response I fully intend to take it the The Legal Ombudsman. Please also note that I have forwarded a copy of this complaint to the investigating officer at the Claims management Regulator.
      It's interesting that they said they'd posted you another LOA to sign & return on 24 October. According to the BBA's Statement of Principles for LOAs, The CoOp require an 'original' LOA to submit a complaint - see https://www.bba.org.uk/policy/retail...pi-complaints/

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        Not bad but just a couple of things:

It's not clear what (or indeed if) they originally asked you to pay in commision but you should include that if they did.

They informed me in the cold call their commission was 33% +vat, the main reason why after immediate consideration of the phone call, I decided against them.

This could imply that you're not going to complain until they've satisfied your SAR request. I wouldn't mention the SAR in the complaint but make it separately using the standard request format and edit to suit https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters...ght-of-access/

I would change the above sentence to something like:

It's interesting that they said they'd posted you another LOA to sign & return on 24 October. According to the BBA's Statement of Principles for LOAs, The CoOp require an 'original' LOA to submit a complaint - see https://www.bba.org.uk/policy/retail...pi-complaints/

I will incorporate all the changes as suggested EXC, very much appreciated! I will post their response here as soon as they send one (if at all). Once again, thank you for saving me hours of going around in circles.

Comment

They are scammers!
          I have just reported then to the FCA and Action fraud.
          I never contacted them in the first place, I never signed any papers, I never gave them my details,I do not have PPI and if I did I would claim myself for free and certainly not go through a fee charging company.
          I received a letter from Uclaim4me with a form already filled in with all my details, even date of birth. They wanted me to sign it and return it to them to start a PPI claim. Obviously, I did not. I went on their website to see who they were and found the 'contact us' form. I then sent them a message asking them to remove my details from their mailing list and telling them that I did not need their services.
          A few days later I received an email telling me that my claim had been started!!!
          That's when I reported this to the FCA and action fraud.
          I also had several missed calls from a 0203 number ( like theirs) when I tied to call that number back I just got a recorded message and then the phone went dead. As it all happened in the same time frame I can only assume that they were Uclaim4me too.
          As I realised that they would very probably try to get some hefty fee from me for that unrequested claim, I called them this morning, and was told that they had a signed form from me and the guy, trying to prove that he was telling the trust I guess, told me that the signature was a squiggle!!!!!
          I explained to him that my signature is never a squiggle and furthermore, that the bank they were trying to claim from is not my bank anyway.
          After I informed him that I had reported them to the FCA and ActionFraud and after he had a chat with his manager, He eventually agreed to cancel my claim.
          He also admitted that they got my details from a mailing list!!
          How can these people be registered with FCA when they obviously try to scam people!

Comment

Originally posted by HENRI View Post
            They are scammers!
            I have just reported then to the FCA and Action fraud.
            I never contacted them in the first place, I never signed any papers, I never gave them my details,I do not have PPI and if I did I would claim myself for free and certainly not go through a fee charging company.
            I received a letter from Uclaim4me with a form already filled in with all my details, even date of birth. They wanted me to sign it and return it to them to start a PPI claim. Obviously, I did not. I went on their website to see who they were and found the 'contact us' form. I then sent them a message asking them to remove my details from their mailing list and telling them that I did not need their services.
            A few days later I received an email telling me that my claim had been started!!!
            That's when I reported this to the FCA and action fraud.
            I also had several missed calls from a 0203 number ( like theirs) when I tied to call that number back I just got a recorded message and then the phone went dead. As it all happened in the same time frame I can only assume that they were Uclaim4me too.
            As I realised that they would very probably try to get some hefty fee from me for that unrequested claim, I called them this morning, and was told that they had a signed form from me and the guy, trying to prove that he was telling the trust I guess, told me that the signature was a squiggle!!!!!
            I explained to him that my signature is never a squiggle and furthermore, that the bank they were trying to claim from is not my bank anyway.
            After I informed him that I had reported them to the FCA and ActionFraud and after he had a chat with his manager, He eventually agreed to cancel my claim.
            He also admitted that they got my details from a mailing list!!
            How can these people be registered with FCA when they obviously try to scam people!

I may be able to help some of you re this company. I have intimate knowledge of their business practises both on and off shore.

Comment

Please do.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7F39B137-F2E2-42D1-93E6-2F2242A1C9CA.png
Views:	1
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	1495801

Click image for larger version  Name:	72F7122A-730B-491A-AB6B-300FE4697247.png Views:	1 Size:	353.2 KB ID:	1495797
                Claims2gain and Uclaim4me omnisign Pages

just for ref - log in required so wonder what info was actually displayed on the omnisign link from Uclaim4me
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

The electronic signature will be used for multiple companies, and will be used by them in perpetuity

Comment

Originally posted by Guv'Nor View Post
                    The electronic signature will be used for multiple companies, and will be used by them in perpetuity
                    Does that include Allay?

Comment

Originally posted by Guv'Nor View Post
                      I should clarify, multiple lenders

Comment

Do you know the process used to obtain the electronic signature from the client ? Was it a log in to the omnisign page ? And what information was contained there for the client to view/complete before signing ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          Do you know the process used to obtain the electronic signature from the client ? Was it a log in to the omnisign page ? And what information was contained there for the client to view/complete before signing ?
                          is there a DM fuction here?

Comment

Yes, I'll send you a message - you should get a notification and will be able to reply or start a new message
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X