• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BankSmart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BankSmart

Hi, please could you advise about Bank Smart. In 2012/13 we engaged with this company. They sent out Letters of authority for me to sign. We signed and sent them straight back for them to claim any ppi. A few weeks later got the same letters to sign, signed and sent them back with letter we had with reference numbers from companies I though I had Ppi with. Again they sent same letter asking for signitures and in the end I wrote back informing them that I had already signed these. In the end we just kept ignoring their request for signitures as I already done this. Now they are sending threatening court letters. I am at my wits end, I am stressed to death with them and have a disability and life threatening auto immune disease that is susseptable to stress. I do not have any copies of paperwork that was sent to bank smart. Please could you help, any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
    Tags: None

Sorry to hear you've ended up with this company harassing you - please don't let it stress you, there's very little they can do and if they did go to court and get a ccj you could just pay in affordable installments set by the court... it's really not worth damaging your health over.

I have read some of their letters and they are nasty and intimidating so it's understandable it's upsetting and they need taking to task over their behaviour.

Im guessing they are trying to say you owe them for breach of contract and cancellation charges ? About £400 per account they were (failing) to claim PPI and unfair charges on ? Did they ever actually get any refunds for you?
    EXC

If you can do a pic of their latest letter we'll give you a hand replying and with a complaint to the MOJ claims management regulator and possibly the legal ombudsman.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you so much for your speedy response. There saying I owe them 1500 and not had any refunds whats so ever. Every few weeks they send letters for me to sign but not signing anymore. Please could you advise where I send the invoice letters to that i have recieved from them. Thanks again

Comment

You can email me if you like - admin@legalbeagles.info - and will help with a reply tmw.

Letters of Authority are needed to be refreshed 6 monthly with most lenders.

Over 6 years without any progress on refunds would kind of say either there was no ppi on any of your accounts, or that banksmart have simply done nothing.

We probably want to confirm to lenders lenders that you're removing authority from banksmart and then, if you wanted, you could just look at it yourself.

But it let's try stop them harassing you first xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks for sending over the letter. Pretty standard fayre from BankSmart I'm afraid.

Okay - the claims they have listed

Welcome Financial PPI
          Aviva Welcome Finance PPI UND
          Aviva Welcome Finance PPI UND
          Welcome Financial PPI FSCS

then

Wagon Finance Default Charges

Other than Wagon, the Welcome Finance ones seem to be the same claim ... presumably once upon a time you had a Joint Loan with Welcome Finance with PPI ( or not ) underwritten by Aviva. Not sure what UNKNR stands for.

Wagon finance is a car/bike loan PPI - think that's with Santander now and PPI was underwritten by Pinnacle, but the claim that Bank Smart are charging you for is for 'Default Charges'

Can you send a subject access request to Welcome Financial pls.

Welcome Financial Services Ltd,
          Mere Way,
          Ruddington Fields Business Park,
          Ruddington,
          Nottingham,
          NG11 6NZ

or email
          Customer Relations Email: info@wfs.co.uk
          to ask where to send a SAR to ( or just ask for all information they hold about you in that email ) You might need to do one each.

Then send them Subject Access Request Letter

Also can you do a SAR to Aviva -- they make it nice and easy for you and have a online form....
          https://www.aviva.co.uk/legal/subject-access-request/ - possibly one for each of you.

That should tell us what BS have done, if anything, and of course if there actually was PPI in the first place.

Having a think on reply to BS.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi,

Thank you, I will sort this out at weekend.

Best Wishes

Comment

Hi,
              written to Welcome and emailed Avia so hoping to get a response within one month.

Do I need to inform Bank Smart that I am looking into this.

again, your help and advise is so reassuring.

Thank you

Comment

This company seem like cowboys, I'm also having the same issue!

Hope you get it sorted.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X