• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI claim with no authority and payout given but not to me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI claim with no authority and payout given but not to me.

Hi,
    i have been trying to claim ppi back from a loan I had a few years back. I received news today that a claim had already been made on the account and decision given and payment made. The only thing is I have never made a claim for ppi before.
    i received cold calls some years back and received information packs through the post but never filled them in and sent them back.
    Can the ppi company go ahead anyway and keep the money? Where do I stand on arguing this. Can I ask for them to provide the previous claim to see who it was that claimed?

thank you for any help given
    Tags: None

Have the company you were trying to claim from told you where the claim came from ? It may be worth sending a subject access request to find out all the information.
    http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...ccess-request/
    The lender should not not have communicated at all with any third party without your authorisation - and if you never completed any forms for these cold call companies after they contacted you there should not have been any claim made.

The only circumstances where a claim might might have been made without your authorisation would be if it was a claim on a joint account and the joint account holder had made a claim without your knowledge ( sometimes occurs after a relationship breakdown )

Think a SAR is a good step to take to find out what you are dealing with
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Em82 I've moved your thread to the CMC forum xxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X