• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What each court & bank is doing with stayed claims.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What each court & bank is doing with stayed claims.

CARDIFF - Judge Hinckinbottom - 26th March

LEEDS - 26th FEBRUARY Case Management Conference - Letters to all those claimants stayed in the Leeds Merc Court will be going out end of Jan - 1st week of Feb.

IPSWICH - lifting stays to stike claims on own motion - CHECK WITH COURT IF YOU HAVENT HEARD

26th February 2010.at kingston-upon-hull county court.

SHREWSBURY - 23rd FEB - general application hearing

ROTHERHAM - 26th Jan

PLYMOUTH COURT extending STAYS for 12 months.

TORQUAY and NEWTON ABBT court staying claims till November 2010 and striking out then if neither party apply for directions before then

Any others people see or are involved in please post on this thread
    Last edited by Amethyst; 31st January 2010, 13:40:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: What each court is doing with stayed claims.

Blackpool has struck out a claim without even a hearing and are now demanding £75 to allow the Claimant to submit a defence.

Blackpool County Court Order received to Strike Out My Claim

Comment

Re: What each court & bank is doing with stayed claims.

CONFIRMED ACTIONS TAKEN BY BANKS

HsbC - DG solicitors applying to court to have claims dismissed

HbOS - attending court to ask for strike out of claims - havent seen applications off their own back as yet

Yorkshire - applying to court to have claims dismissed - attending hearings

Alliance & Leicester - applying to court to have claims dismissed
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Saw a post (can't remember where) that Barclays have applied for a strike out.

Comment

Hi Exc

Post19 on this thread on PC http://www.penaltychargesforum.co.uk...e-Out-My-Claim

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          Saw a post (can't remember where) that Barclays have applied for a strike out.

Comment

hi

my claim against hsbc, letter from hsbc, no letter from DG, nothing from Southend Country Court as yet.

Borgbaiter

Comment

IPSWICH - lifting stays to stike claims on own motion - CHECK WITH COURT IF YOU HAVENT HEARD as they seem to be setting quite tight deadlines.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Posted over on CAG directions from Ipswich CC - no help or advice so far offered to him.

It is ordered that

1. The claim be further stayed generally;

2. Either party may apply to remove the stay on application to the Court. Such an application may be made by way of a letter (accompanied by the appropriate court fee) and copied to the opposing party;

3. The application must state:

a. By reference to the decision of the Supreme Court the grounds upon which the application to remove the stay are based, and

b. Whether, and if so, what attempts have been made to settle the claim;

4. If no such application to remove the stay is made by 10 February 2010, the claim shall be struck out without further order.

This seems to me to be more or less the end of the road for this, and similar, claims!!!!!

Has anyone else recieved similar from the Court dealing with their claim? I'd be VERY grateful if anyone has any advice on what to do now.

Many thanks.

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                IPSWICH - lifting stays to stike claims on own motion - CHECK WITH COURT IF YOU HAVENT HEARD as they seem to be setting quite tight deadlines.

Comment

I have just spoken to Cardiff CJ Centre regarding a strikeout application received.

They inform me that they have no knowledge of any bulk hearing, as I interpreted from post 1 above. They say that each case will be examined on its own merits and they would be surprised if it was dismissed without a hearing, but this is the admin section.

Comment

A HSBC claimant at Yeovil has been granted a hearing to examine the strikeout application on 9 March. Not clear yet if member will be able to fight this due to personal complications in doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      CARDIFF - Judge Hinckinbottom - 26th March

LEEDS - 26th FEBRUARY Case Management Conference - Letters to all those claimants stayed in the Leeds Merc Court will be going out end of Jan - 1st week of Feb.

IPSWICH - lifting stays to stike claims on own motion - CHECK WITH COURT IF YOU HAVENT HEARD

26th February 2010.at kingston-upon-hull county court.

SHREWSBURY - 23rd FEB - general application hearing

ROTHERHAM - 26th Jan

PLYMOUTH COURT extending STAYS for 12 months.

TORQUAY and NEWTON ABBT court staying claims till November 2010 and striking out then if neither party apply for directions before then

Any others people see or are involved in please post on this thread
                      May I ask where you got this information from ?

I ask because I was surprised to read Judge Hickinbottom's name at Cardiff as I have heard nothing from either the court or First Direct in regard to any hearing and it is Hickinbottom who applied the Stay on my claim back in 2007 in the first place.

Comment

It is apparent that many of the courts/banks are not contacting claimants, I would contact the court directly and ask the status of your claim rather than rely on them to contact you, safest way Jester.
                        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
                          Blackpool has struck out a claim without even a hearing and are now demanding £75 to allow the Claimant to submit a defence.

Blackpool County Court Order received to Strike Out My Claim

Hearing Date - 8th April @ 11

Got my hearing date to get the strike out lifted through then post today, its 8th April at 11. I've had a look through Clair's notes but still not sure what to expect. I find the whole court room thing really worrying, any hints would be appreciated.
                          Last edited by Kafka; 16th February 2010, 08:19:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
                            Hearing Date - 8th April @ 11

Got my hearing date to get the strike out lifted through then post today, its 8th April at 11. I've had a look through Clair's notes but still not sure what to expect. I find the whole court room thing really worrying, any hints would be appreciated.
                            Have replied to Janie on PCF
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Kent are awaiting a decision from the senior judge. This is expected any day now.

Claimants can apply to their local courts for the claims to be reviewed if they so wish

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X