• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court costs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court costs

Hi there everyone. I would like to start by saying that everyone here has done a fantastic job and it's a shame the OFT have stopped the historical fight.

I have a claim currently stayed in court and am wondering whether to apply for the stay to be lifted. As it is in small claims but the supreme court case was lost, can there now be a chance of incurring costs should I continue with the case?

I was offered a settlement before the 'test case' started but declined it as it was less than half a was asking for.

Any advice would be appreciated as I'm unsure of my next step. It's against HSBC if it's of any help to the advice anyone can offer.

Re: Court costs

Hiya Spacey,

Have you received any communication yet from the Court or from HSBC regarding your stayed County Court claim ?

Regards Budgie

Comment

No. Nothing at all yet.

I was considering writing to either of them to ask my position.

Comment

I would advise you to hold off doing anything for the moment unless you hear from either the Court or HSBC.

It's now unlikley that you will hear anything from either until the New Year.

Have a read of this thread which will bring you up to date with what we are presently recommending in respect of stayed County Court claims.

Legal Beagles - View Single Post - What Should You Do Now The Judgments Been Handed Down

Keep an eye on the website over Xmas and in early January for updated advice as we pull everything together.

Rgds Budgie

Comment

I did read the thread you have linked above. It was the ' any option does of course carry risks' part that prompted me to ask if I could incur costs.

Is there any threads on here that outline the risks alluded to? Don't want to take up anyones time writing a repeat if I have overlooked it elsewhere.

Thank you for the 'hold fire' advice. I didn't want to knee jerk into some foolhardy solo mission.:grin:

Comment

Hi Spacey

My O/H has received a basic letter from HSBC yesterday - it is just explaining to him about the Test case now being concluded, you should have received this letter.

FYI they state that their lawyers will respond in connection with the stayed cases in court.

As Budgie has stated, wait until you receive a letter from either DG Solicitors and or the Courts and then one of the team will be able to guide us at that time. There are quite a few of us that will be in this position and no doubt someone by then will have a solution to move forward with.

Tuttsi:18:

Comment

Ok

I have waited over 2 years so I guess another few months (maybe) won't matter too much.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Spacey

I have just seen this sample letter which is being worked on for HSBC http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=20932

I would not do anything yet untill you here from DG Solicitors or HSB

Tuttsi

Comment

Hi everyone.

I got the letter from HSBC today telling me that they would not be refunding my charges but I was welcome to escalate my complaint the charges were unfair on grounds 'other than the level of the charges or all issues in the complaint had not been addressed'.

They state that they believe there isn't any legal basis for the charges to be challenged.

Any ideas on the next step?

Thanks in advance for any help offered
                  Last edited by spacey2930; 23rd December 2009, 22:08:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                    Hi Spacey

I have just seen this sample letter which is being worked on for HSBC http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=20932

I would not do anything yet untill you here from DG Solicitors or HSB

Tuttsi

don't worry have a read of Tuttsis link - and a very happy christmas eve to you :clgblinkie171:
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X