• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from HSBC Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter from HSBC Solicitors

Haha, well, lets hope so!

In the very least, as long as we can produce something decent to persuade the court that we need this data in order to amend our POCs there's a chance they could grant us 40 days for the SAR + maybe a further 30 days to analyse and use the data.
    We should no doubt expect bankers to mess us around in supplying ALL DATA, but this time, that should only serve to shoot themselves in the foot because, assuming the stay was granted on these grounds, we can just inform the courts that we'll need to extend the stay because Mr Banker is dragging his feet and breaching DPA regs.

If we got to pay the fee for the N244 anyway, then that extra tenner should be well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post

HOW DAM RUDE !!!

We never had are heads in the sand Penalty charges was the first site to have new templates up these were posted on MSE as well, but then again I did not know it was a competition.

Comment

I'm sorry Stephen, I do indeed know that and it really wasn't aimed at your site.

Comment

This letter is post OFT announcement and invites the court to dismiss the case.

Comment

Re: Not over yet! RGS1 vs HSBC

Re: Not over yet! RGS1 vs HSBC

Comment

He amended his particulars to include penalties and level of charges ? eh what?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I'm not clear whether the claimant responded to DG's standard letter saying he was going to use amended arguments rather than actually submitting an amended POC. All we've got to go on is:

''I sent a letter requesting to change my POC's and DG responded to this letter, as far as i know i havent actually changed them yet though so do people think it is ok to amend them further before it is formally submitted??''

''Yes I originally sent that one then expanded section 5 in my POC's and sent that off.
                Their responce arguement to this was to do with the price of the charges so I want to amend it to remove the price arguement.
                I dont have the letter with me at work today but ill post it when I can.
                Just a bit worried about them saying they would apply for me to pay their costs.''

Either way he was taken in by the uncorrected myth that non individually negotiated contracts are grounds for unfairness in themselves.

I hope someone can ask him to post up the letter or POC that the DG letter was in response to.

Comment

I did ask him this morning as I read that as well. very worrying that he has jumped in without giving to much thought perhaps.

Tutts[

quote=EXC;147996]I'm not clear whether the claimant responded to DG's standard letter saying he was going to use amended arguments rather than actually submitting an amended POC. All we've got to go on is:

''I sent a letter requesting to change my POC's and DG responded to this letter, as far as i know i havent actually changed them yet though so do people think it is ok to amend them further before it is formally submitted??''

''Yes I originally sent that one then expanded section 5 in my POC's and sent that off.
                  Their responce arguement to this was to do with the price of the charges so I want to amend it to remove the price arguement.
                  I dont have the letter with me at work today but ill post it when I can.
                  Just a bit worried about them saying they would apply for me to pay their costs.''

Either way he was taken in by the uncorrected myth that non individually negotiated contracts are grounds for unfairness in themselves.

I hope someone can ask him to post up the letter or POC that the DG letter was in response to.[/quote]

Comment

he's replied - thankfully he hasnt entered the POCs in court. incredibly focused on individual negotiated terms and price. Not over yet! RGS1 vs HSBC - Page 3 - The Consumer Forums
                    Last edited by Amethyst; 21st January 2010, 11:18:AM.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X