• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mr T V Hsbc Personal Account- letter from DG to dismiss - Responded 19/01

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr T V Hsbc Personal Account- letter from DG to dismiss - Responded 19/01

This is the completed AQ N149 for his personal account with HSBC and is ready was hand delivered to court on Monday.

xxxxx -v- HSBC BANK
    In the xxxxx County Court
    Claim No: xxxxxxx

N149 ALLOCATION QUESTIONNAIRE (CONTINUED)

Section G – Other Information

The Claimant respectfully requests that an order may be made as follows:

1. That the Defence be struck out as it is an abuse of process, pursuant to rule 3.4(2)(b) of the Civil Procedure Rules ,on the basis that the Defendant has filed a template defence then subsequently settled each and every other claim of this nature.

Since May 2006, I am aware of over 100 claims of this nature in which the Defendant has filed an acknowledgement of service, then a Defence, then an allocation questionnaire, then has breached the order for pre-hearing directions, then has finally settled without liability shortly in advance of the hearing or trial.
    A sample list of similar claims, including their claim numbers, are attached (attachment 1B).

It is submitted that the Defendant’s litigation strategy is flagrantly abusive of the public resource, and further, contrary to almost all of the Overriding Objectives of the Civil Procedure Rules. It is respectfully submitted that the Defendant will continue to conduct litigation in this manner for as long as it is allowed to do so with impunity.

Please find attached a copy of an order made by Lincoln County Court (attachment 1C) in at least 10 cases similar to my own involving various high street banks, including HSBC PLC - the defendant. The Court considered the authority of Mullen-v-Hackney London Borough Council (1997)2 A11ER 906 to be relevant. If this Honourable Court also considers this authority relevant, I would respectfully request that the Court applies its special knowledge of the Defendant’s notorious and well established conduct in similar cases when considering directions/order in the present case. Please find attached the case to which I refer. (attachment 1D)

Please find enclosed a further example relating to a claim numbered 6QZxxxx
    at Willesden County Court where upon the District Judge struck out the Defendant’s Defence as they had failed to comply with an earlier directions order. The Court also ordered Judgment in favour of the Claimant. I would add that, in this example, the Defendant HFC Bank Ltd T/A G M Card is a group company of HSBC Bank PLC, the latter being the Defendant in the current action being brought to Court.(attachment 1E)

2. In the alternative, should the Court not be minded to strike out the defence, and if the claim is to proceed to allocation, the Claimant respectfully suggests that special directions may be made as per the attached draft order (attachment 2A).

I believe the proposed directions will further the Overriding Objectives in that they identify the most fundamental issues in dispute and will allow them to be assessed in advance of the hearing so that this claim may proceed justly and expeditiously.

I would aver that if the Defendant has the serious intention of defending this claim at trial, as is indicated by its defence, that it is incumbent upon it to disclose such information. Further, the proposed directions are now routinely ordered in claims of this nature in the Mercantile Court in London, as well as small claims track cases in Leicester, Derby, Chesterfield, Willesden and Mansfield County Courts.

These issues are not complex; as the law relating to contractual penalties is long established, I believe the outstanding issues to be of fact and not of Law, and, inter alia, whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised that the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is (in common with many other similar cases being brought to Court by other bank customers) that the banks refuse to reveal
    the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully request that this claim be allocated to the small claims track, and I estimate that the hearing of the claim should last no longer than one hour

Court Date 22nd October

Needless to say, the Judge did not take on board anything that was submitted with AQ and jave given basic directions, ie Photographs,Estimates for repair etc etc....
    DS

Comment

Re: As V Hsbc Personal Account

BAD NEWS TO DAY.... Barnet CC have stayed hubbys personal account claim, looks like a blanket stay. It was the outspoken DJ Gerlis, who has ordered this.

He still has his business claim with HSBC, but just waiting for the stay to turn up on that one any day now. Good argument to have it lifted if they try it though.

DS

Comment

Can this thread please be moved to the Hardship ....

Comment

Hardship letter and enclosures all ready to go tomorrow- recorded delivery

Comment

Good luck xx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No news on this so another letter will be done at the weekend.

There is no reason for HSBC not to accept hardship if Abbey have agreed it.

xx

Comment

Indeed. HSBC are being particularly obtuse by the looks of it with regards hardship tho judging by reports on other forums. Of course FD payiing out in Jesters case might mean they are slowly coming around and of course they will have their alledged quota to fill. So yep def worth chasing up.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Indeed. HSBC are being particularly obtuse by the looks of it with regards hardship tho judging by reports on other forums. Of course FD payiing out in Jesters case might mean they are slowly coming around and of course they will have their alledged quota to fill. So yep def worth chasing up.
                  Received a letter to day and it looks like you are right Ame, they are being arkward.

When I get home latter I will post the letter up and perhaps with some help and feed back from LB- and a bit of persuasion they may agree to help.

Perhaps they have not got the gist of the FSA waiver conditions or they no want to listen.

xx

Comment

Mr Tutts

Has received this standard letter from HSBC. Ironically, it does not acknowledge any of the information and evidences which was sent to them.

They want alternative borrowing - I do not think so. Mr Tutts needs financial help, a refund of his bank charges would most definately help.

Comment

It appears that HSBC's stance is that unless you talk to one of their financial advisers they do not acknowledge the hardship claim and it seems that they are not prepared to make any interim payments under the FSA waiver rules.

I honestly believe that the Cheif Exec Officer should be informed of the situationb to see what his/her stance is in this matter. Other than than all he can do is refer the matter back to the FSA and or the FOS and make a complaint.

Mr T tried to obtain the name of the CEO and apparently - they are not allowed to name the person in this position. So basically when you write any Tom. Dick or Harry can respond and how would you know that is the right person.

If anyone has any ideas please speak.........

Thanks

xx

ps just discovered that Jester has found that that it is Mr Geoghegan (found it on another thread), so thats who Mr T will drop a line too.
                      Last edited by TUTTSI; 11th November 2008, 23:02:PM. Reason: added a ps

Comment

I would be replying along the lines that under the new terms of the waiver other financial institutions have been refunding charges in the last couple of months and you will be contacting the FSA and FOS for further guidance.

The one good thing is that they have not said that you are not a hardship case just a case of how they are handling the problem. It may take a little time but keep pushing.

I suppose if they do make contact and offer re-finance /loan etc dont comment, ask them to confirm in writing - then reply saying that their proposal would put you further in debt when the refund of the charges would actually help your situation not make it worse and copy the FOS.
                        "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Cool - Tutts can you pass the contact info over to killersla whos having a mare with HSBC too.

There are a few people at a loss with HSBC they really are being swines about hardship cases finding any old reason not to pay up.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

http://www.hsbc.com/1/2/about-hsbc/board-of-directors

Is this any good? It does give names of important people.

Comment

Dougall I have moved your post to its own thread here

HDR - v HSBC - Legal Beagles

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X