• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I withdraw my pension early aged 51?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I withdraw my pension early aged 51?

Hi, I would really like to access my AVIVA pension fund now to invest it is this something people can do? If so any advice would be most welcome, thank you
    Tags: None

Earliest dates are usually 55. However, your pension is already invested by your pension providers and you may be able to select the type of investments you prefer. What other reason do you have for wanting the pension so early?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam101 View Post
      Earliest dates are usually 55. However, your pension is already invested by your pension providers and you may be able to select the type of investments you prefer. What other reason do you have for wanting the pension so early?
      Hi thanks for the reply, I want to invest in a business

Comment

One of the main points of restricting withdrawal of pension funds is so that it will be available for your retirement. Using the pension fund to invest in a business may leave you without pension funds. You would then be reliant on support and if you used your pension fund in that way, I doubt you would get support..

If the business venture is good, then you could borrow from a bank. Lenders are always prepared to help with a venture if it looks good. If you cannot raise finance in that way, then do you really think the business is worth loosing your pension?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam101 View Post
          One of the main points of restricting withdrawal of pension funds is so that it will be available for your retirement. Using the pension fund to invest in a business may leave you without pension funds. You would then be reliant on support and if you used your pension fund in that way, I doubt you would get support..

If the business venture is good, then you could borrow from a bank. Lenders are always prepared to help with a venture if it looks good. If you cannot raise finance in that way, then do you really think the business is worth loosing your pension?
          Thanks for the advice, I am looking at something that will not only be a better return than the pension but something that will also continue to pay a return after I am dead and gone for my kids.

Comment

We can all dream, but more often the reality is different and far too many have lost everything. As I said, if it's that good then a Bank would lend on it... I cannot add to my advice, but perhaps others may be able to help . Good luck

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X