• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Amigo Loan - Affordability complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amigo Loan - Affordability complaint

I recently put in an affordability complaint to Amigo. Fortunately it was dealt within the 8 week timescale but was rejected. I have now passed it to the FOS but I am wondering if it’s possible to try and negotiate with Amigo? Has anyone had any experience of this? In an ideal world I just want then crippling interest stopped that is it
    Tags: None

Hi... my daughter complained on the loans she had and Amigo they have agreed they were not affordable and have offered a re-dress which is still to come through. You did the right thing in going to the FOS, they are very good, sort of fine tooth comb and will fully investigate your complaint

Comment

Amigo are knocking them back now, as a delaying tactic. They were previously upholding a lot and still lending in the same way but now realise they’re in trouble. Thanks to the return of their leader!!

FOS are upholding the majority though so it’s the best route.

amigo will be gone soon I reckon so get in there before it’s pence in the pound under a redress scheme!!

Comment

Hi I am currently awaiting a decision from amigo about my loans. They have 8 days left to respond!
        can anyone tell me if they agree to pay compensation who gets this? Will it be myself or also my mum who was guarantor. She had to pay some of the payments as I just couldn’t afford them at the time.
        just didn’t understand if they split the compensation or if she would need to claim her side back separate?

any help much appreciated

Comment

Hi Austin, if you’re lucky to get a redress it will go to the guarantor and then you will need to decide between yourselves who gets what from that.
          Ive just this week been allocated an advisor from the FOS for another of my affordability claims, my Amigo claim is still waiting.
          it’s a waiting game unfortunately, the FOS are overrun with complaints

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X