• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Merrywood loans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrywood loans

but as i said john marrywoods was canceled
    they didn't take any thing out in Aug the other two did
    that he had no knowledge of and seem to be at the same address
    ORCHARD DATA SOLUTIONS LTD
    145 - 157
    ST JOHN STREET
    LONDON
    EC1V 4PY
    Company No. 08059046

MERRYWOOD CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LTD
    2ND FLOOR
    145-157 ST JOHN STREET
    LONDON
    EC1V 4PY
    Company No. 06896900

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Purple Turtle now seem to be Blue Bean same address
    looks like even though he has canceled marrywoods they have pass it over to there other named companys to scam him
    Don't let them grind you down

Comment

It may be the case that card details have been provided to them over the phone, therefor not a standing order or a direct debit, I have had this done to me. So, call the bank and tell them you have lost the card and no further payments can be taken while that card has been reported lost. When it happened to me the bank advised, since i reported my lost card, they came back in again for a further 3 payments using the same card details.

tell the bank you lost the card no matter what, it doesnt affect direct debits or standing orders on your accounts

Comment

Originally posted by cul8rm8e View Post
        It may be the case that card details have been provided to them over the phone, therefor not a standing order or a direct debit, I have had this done to me. So, call the bank and tell them you have lost the card and no further payments can be taken while that card has been reported lost. When it happened to me the bank advised, since i reported my lost card, they came back in again for a further 3 payments using the same card details.

tell the bank you lost the card no matter what, it doesnt affect direct debits or standing orders on your accounts
        thanks but that don't work look here

Comment

This is a problem that needs looking into.
          It seems your son's bank card details have been used by all three companies.
          If I was you, I would get your son to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman, as I reckon this is not a fair trading practice.
          Here is the contact details page.
          http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...act/index.html
          In the meantime get your son to also write to the other two suspect companies, and cancel any further payments to them as well.
          “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
            This is a problem that needs looking into.
            It seems your son's bank card details have been used by all three companies.
            If I was you, I would get your son to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman, as I reckon this is not a fair trading practice.
            Here is the contact details page.
            http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...act/index.html
            In the meantime get your son to also write to the other two suspect companies, and cancel any further payments to them as well.
            Will go down that road soon
            first i need to get my sons cash back
            i have printed off
            Unauthorised payments

Money can only be taken from your current account, card-based account or (in some cases) an instant access savings account if you have authorised the transaction or your bank can prove you were at fault.

If you notice a payment out of your account that you did not authorise you should contact your bank immediately.
            If you are sure you did not authorise a particular payment you can claim a refund.
            The bank must refund the payment immediately unless it has evidence that there is a reason to refuse a refund, as explained below. This is so it can look into what happened, but it must do this as quickly as possible.
            Your bank may ask you to answer some questions and fill out a form confirming what has happened, but it cannot delay your refund while it waits for you to return the form.
            and this
            an will be shoving it under Barclay bank nose on monday
            i have found out that Merrywood Capital Management Limited have a few names under it roof

Merrywood Loan
            Your Payday Advances
            Random Money
            Cash Until Friday
            Purple turtle Loans
            Orchard-Loans
            MWC Loans
            WOWCredit
            Blue Bean

Comment

The issue is that your son did not authorise payments to Purple Turtle or Orchard Loans at all and has cancelled the 'membership' of Merrywood and they have agreed to refund him but have not actuated the refund as yet.

There is nothing I can see within the Merrywood Loans contract that states details of card payment will be passed to their other companies or that any other charges will apply other than their £69.95 membership fee which is refundable if no loan is taken within 6 months. There is no mention in their terms and conditions of a £15 monthly charge.

Fees
              Merrywood Loan Explorer charges the Client a fee of £69.95 for the service as broker, specified as part of the communications with the Client. If the Client does not enter into a loan offered by a lender or financier within the 6 months Merrywood Loan Explorer is acting as broker, they will refund the fee less the £5 brokerage fee provided for by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Refunds may be requested in writing, via telephone on 01403 215760, via the refunds section of our website or via email to customerservice@merrywoodloans.co.uk. All refunds will be issued within 30 working days of requests being received. To facilitate Merrywood Loan Explorer processing payments and repayments the Client authorises Merrywood Loan Explorer to retain their charge, credit and debit card details.
              They need reporting to Trading Standards regardless and as soon as possible. TS Ecrime would be a good starting point with this. http://www.tradingstandardsecrime.org.uk/

Bank wise....they must refund the amounts taken without authorisation. That Purple Turtle and Orchard Loans are part of the same group of companies has no relevance at all. By signing up with MerryWood Loans the only authorisation given was for the £69.95 'membership' charge. That's it. The bank must refund you immediately.

If however your son was shopping around and filled in his details thereby signing up to Purple Turtle and Orchard separately he would be deemed to have authorised the payments, but signing up with Merrywood does not automatically mean he authorised any other companies, linked to Merrywood or not.

If the bank refuse then you should make a formal complaint to them and then take it to FOS.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Lots of complaints http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...s-c656632.html
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi everyone all you need to do to get your money back within the next couple of hours is to e-maii did this and got the cash paid back into my account within the hour. Just tell them when
                  they took the cash out and how much. I put formal complaint in the subject header. Good luck
                  I
                  Originally posted by vanman View Post
                  Hi my son needs some help

In December 2013 he applied for a loan from a company called

Merrywood loans they turn out to be a broker and took £69 off him :sad:

And in March took £15 again they say it members fee this time.
                  He phoned them up to cancel the contract and told them to put his £15 back in the bank
                  They said they would but did nothing.
                  He let it go as a bad experience,

Now the cruncher august two company’s one named Orchard loans and one says Purple Turtle Loans (as on bank statement)
                  Have both taken £69 out of his bank account £138 he has phoned the bank to say he did not authorise them to take it.

The bank says they can do nothing about it as he had sighed a contracted with merrywood and
                  And the two companies are part of the same company.

any help please
                  Last edited by enaid; 22nd September 2014, 13:13:PM. Reason: link removed

Comment

Hi All,

I am hoping that someone here can help me.

As per the first poster "Vanman", my daughter stupidly applied to Merrywood Loans - however did not take a loan.

With a few days of making the online application (including filling her bank details) they removed two lots of GBP69,95, on the same day.

She has tried via the website to cancel her agreement with Merrywood, but has received no email back from them and her username and password to the website is no longer active.

She has also tried to contact the company regarding to double payment, but as yet received zero response.

She has contacted her bank, who state that as she gave permission to the company to remove money from her account, they are unable to refund the monies taken. They have of course blocked any further attempts for Merrywood - and now thanks to this site, the additional 8 other companies trading as part of the same group !

So other than following the advice above, and contacting the Ombudsman and Trading Standards, is there anything else she can do ??

I do not live in the UK and have not for a number of years and I have never heard of this type of "loan broker" before. How do they get away with operating in such an unscrupulous manner ??

Many thanks
                    Flying Clog

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X