• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

abbey hardship claim failed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abbey hardship claim failed

ive just recieved a letter trurning me down for a hardship claim in the letter it says they consider my complaint to be about unfair charges and lawfullness of them they go on to say i could take it up with the FOS could anyone tell me the best steps to take
    regards hyltonlad

Re: abbey hardship claim failed

hi hylton lad,

Okay yes you will need to take the case to the FOS now, the complaint form is http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...laint_form.doc in WORD format. You need tom complete that and send all your evidence, income and expenditure sheet and copies of the letters between you and the bank.

Without seeing your income and expenditure or knowing your circumstances it is very difficult to say whether you may be successful or not.

remember the complaint will be on hardship grounds, and not the legal issues. If you want a hand with writing the complaint then post up a draft and we'll give you a hand. if we can see a copy of your hardship letter sent initially to Abbey that would be a great starting point.

Ame
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thanks so much i will work on a draft over the weekend
      hyltonlad

Comment

just recieved this today they still think the charges are fair but they going to debit our acount with about £200 for charges. we have had recently we all so have been to the cab and they are working with our creditors to sort things out it will involve paying a couple of £ a month to each one so i dont think i can go to the fos because my hardship is a bit better now.
        half good news thanks for all the help.
        hyltonlad

Comment

Don't you mean credit your account with £200?
          Is no longer here

Comment

yer sorry ive been not well with a bug only had a couple of hours sleep but this perked me up a bit.
            hyltonlad

Comment

well it's a part result anyway so good news
              Is no longer here

Comment

Well done - a part result is better than no result imho.

tuttsi

Comment

true i know it would have been nice to get it all refunded but never mind and with the help of the cab i can see the light at the end of the tunnel
                  thanks again hyltonlad

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X