• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No of Hardship Ppl had bank charges refunded Pre Court Ruling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No of Hardship Ppl had bank charges refunded Pre Court Ruling?

I have court on monday re small claim action re bank charges , so need some help on what to do and say ????

I was told by ppl on penalty charges forum to have a look in here.

I am hoping to get some accurate figures for the number of people who have been in severe financial hardship and been refunded before now/ the ruling decision ???

Ie , so i can print off and show court that 50,000 ppl were refunded earlier in year as they were in severe hardship, which i was and still am , and that I should have been refunded back then instead of the bank just delaying me , fobbing me off , staying claims etc etc .

Any help or advice appreciated .

xxx

Re: No of Hardship Ppl had bank charges refunded Pre Court Ruling?

Financial hardship is not an argument for the County Courts because that is the argument you need with the bank directly and if they say no then you ask the Ombudsman to look at the case.
    Is Monday about lifting a stay?

Comment

Hi Treacle, whats the hearing on Monday for ?

Hardship is more FOS's jurisdication but you can use it to help your case a bit, mostly your arguments need to be with legal merit so we need to know what Particulars of Claim you have gone in with.

Hardship claimants who were paid out during the waiver, basically were paid out under the banking code and bcobs, due to unfair and unsympathetic treatment, rather than under the legalitys of the test case.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

My court case on monday is the banks defence , i went through all the ombudsman , services etc re trying to get charges from bank under hardship , yet i was fobbed off all the way .

My main thoughts to say at court on monday in my argument would be that each case is now un stayed , and should be assessed on its individual merits and that I should have been refunded my charges months ago if the bank had acted correctly instead of fobbing me off , and that My claim shoudl stand .

????help??? i think i may have a disaster on the day !!!xx

Comment

What do you have prepared so far to take into court ?

Whats their defence ?

What were your original POCs ?

People accepted as in hardship 52,797 between July 2007 and July 2009 but these are not made on any legal basis, simply under the banking code and through FOS.

If you want a chance of not having your claim struck out tomorrow then we need an idea of the LEGAL arguments you are using. You will not get a judgment on hardship grounds.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X