• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shas V First Direct Hardship Success in 10 days!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shas V First Direct Hardship Success in 10 days!

First direct charged me £125 in bank charges last week....

I rang them on Saturday, they said they wouldnt refund the charges & put me through to a credit dept who did an ie over the phone.. From the information I gave, the lady said she was going to suspend my banking facilities because I was in hardship.. I said 'well now that you've established Im in hardship, can I have my charges back please?'.. She put me on hold, then came back & said that she was willing to let me keep my banking facilities for now & would let the relevent department know that I wish to make a claim. I log into my account today & all charges have been refunded!!

I wouldn't of been able to complete an ie with her if I hadn't done one already with Amethyst...so thank you!!
    :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Re: Shas V First Direct Hardship Success in 10 days!

I have now received a letter from the bank saying that they havent accepted me as a hardship case but have refunded me the £125 & waivered a further £35 "as a gesture of goodwill to assist you with your budgeting"...
    The outcome is still the same... all charges have been returned to me. This may help somebody else in future.

Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place... can somebody move it to the right place for me please?..
    :beagle:My threads :- UCA (Amex) : Moorcroft (Goldfish) : Cabot : Marlins : Shas v A&L & the world : Capital One : Direct Legal Collections...Egg, CO : Nationwide : Co-Op

Comment

Well done shas, as long as you got what's due, then it's a result.
      Enaid x

Comment

awwww

Well done you xxxxx

Glad you are feeling better, we getting back on top the rest of stuff too now then ... prod prod lol.

CONGRATS xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well done Shas.

Remember next time we go out I drink bitter and lots of it
          Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Fantastic news shas.

Comment

Thanks everybody! Dont worry Liam, I'll get you a pint!

Surely if first direct can assist me with my budgeting...they can assist anyone? lol

Amethyst.... Im back on the case... just awaiting some advice on if I need to do anything else yet.. or not

Comment

Shas do you have the address for First direct hardship please ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Steve Smithard was the guy who dealt with my Hardship case at First Direct last year. I think I put his address on my thread (will have to check). If not, I will try and find the correspondence I received from him at the time (pretty sure it was just the standard address in Wakefield).

On another note, I am just curious how one department in FD told Shas she was in Financial Hardship and then another decides she isn't. If I was you Shas, I'd follow up on that as FD rolled over pretty easily when I challenged them last year on Hardship grounds !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                    Steve Smithard was the guy who dealt with my Hardship case at First Direct last year. I think I put his address on my thread (will have to check). If not, I will try and find the correspondence I received from him at the time (pretty sure it was just the standard address in Wakefield).

On another note, I am just curious how one department in FD told Shas she was in Financial Hardship and then another decides she isn't. If I was you Shas, I'd follow up on that as FD rolled over pretty easily when I challenged them last year on Hardship grounds !!
                    Rolled over pretty easily ???????????? were you dealing with a different case to yours ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

They were pigs before the waiver, but as I recall, once I wrote that very long letter to them proving how I was in Hardship, they did resolve it quite quickly - even if they did only make a partial offer.

The bank I really had problems with was RBS (First Active) in regard to my mortgage arrears. You may recall that they gained a repossession order ?
                      Still having issues with that lot if I am honest.

Think it is RBS that you are remembering not First Direct Ame

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X