• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HBOS hardship claim...help!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBOS hardship claim...help!!!

I am currently on income support following the loss of my job, i have 2 kids aged 4 and 7 and not enough cash to manage on a day to day basis. As a result of the cycle of charges with HBOS, I have had to remove most DDs from my bank account as they were continuously bouncing. I cannot get together enough money to pay the majority of my bills as the benefits money is paid into the bank and is getting eaten up by charges. I cannot open a new account for monies to be paid into as there is a whopping overdraft on the existing one and I had already changed the account for DDs which went 64p over, resulting in a £35 charge and unauthorised overdraft fee (there is no overdraft at all on this acount) and so, the cycle began again. I am not financially minded and, frankly the thought of having to deal with the bank on this concerns me. I called HBOS and was given an addresss to write to stating my reasons for hardship, but really do not know where to start, what to highlight or how to claim charges back. Do I need to know the exact amount before I write this letter? The situation is urgent now, I have no cash, have incurred charges through other companies due to lack of payment, face bother with the council for lack of council tax payment etcetcetc. It is a complete blood from a stone situation and I just don't know how to rectify it. I have been into the bank and they did refund 2 charges but said that this wouldn't happen again. That was a few months ago and now, the charges are making life a nightmare. Sorry this is a bit of a ramble, I would appreciate any advice people would have for me, also if others have had HBOS success before and how it was achieved. Thanks!

Re: HBOS hardship claim...help!!!

Hi Claireybelle and welcome to the forum.

Have a read of this thread regarding the hardship claim for a refund. Guide to Claiming Hardship - updated February 2009 - Legal Beagles

You have done the right thing cancelling your DDs - what you need to do is get your benefits away from the bank too as soon as possible.

I'm on income support and child tax credits and i use a Post Office Card account (http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=19900206) for my incoming benefits and then i pay my bills by cash at paypoint. It can be slightly more expensive but it is so worth it to know exactly where you are each week.

The overdraft can be left where it is, and should be covered by the reclaim and we'll put the account into dispute so they shouldnt hassle you too much, and we can do a repayment offer of a minimal amount on that while its being processed.

Can you a post an outline of your debts/arrears for me. Company/amount owed in total/standardmonthly payment and current arrears.

Then we can start on a decent letter - we'll need to do a SAR to get the total - but we can enter the hardship claim for ALL charges without a figure alongside that.

Ame

xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi and welcome to leagl Beagles, its a knock on effect, one charge leads to another and then a second and so it continues , you can attempt to reclaim if you can prove hardship , so follow the advice you are given ,I did and my claim has moved forward rapidly. The more you tell the advisors , the more they will be able to help you. best wishes.
      'Be Traist'

Comment

A warm welcome Clairybelle to the forum.

Comment

Thank you all for such a warm welcome, the friendliness here makes things seem less daunting! I will get together all my bits and post up the details as requested Ame, thanks for offering to help!

Comment

Welcome clairybelle,
            If you need to ask anything or help finding stuff just give a shout.
            Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X