• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hardship in court - barclays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardship in court - barclays

Thought this was interesting - the claim through the bank coincided with the hearing so its not a hardship win in court - its just interesting the judge agreed the amount was okay to cover his hardship - have asked him what his arrears were etc.

Fantastic!! There's food in the fridge and ALL my bills are up to date!

Hi all. I went to court and saw the judge. Had a chat with the junior barrister representing Barclays before the hearing started.

As well as the goodwill gesture of £450, another cheque to the value of £720 was 'in the post' from Barclays! All was explained by the barrister. According to the junior barrister, since I had two accounts that the charges were taken from, the two cheques represent 75% of the BANK CHARGES ONLY (no interest) from each account.

Since my original charges I calculated to be £3,100, you don't have to be a genius to work out £1,170 is WELL BELOW 75%. Barclay's calculations differed from mine obviously. Something the judge was keen to point out at the hearing.

The final outcome from the judge was; he agreed the £1,170 were sufficient monies to cover my financial hardship case and the stay remains in place, allowing me to go through my figures in prepartion to fight Barclays for the remainder, including interest obviously.

Fingers crossed everything goes our way in the High Courts in London.

Thanks for everybodies help. I guess the clever computer people who run this site will put this in the successful claims section, even though its only about 40% of what I'm owed. I'll leave that up to you
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X