• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fed Up !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fed Up !!!!

I'm trying to claim charges back from nat west with financial hardship, but getting passed from pillar to post!!!! I ended up calling 6 different numbers and still got nowhere; anybody else in this situation? anybody been there done that? any help would be REALLY appreciated,
    Cheers,
    That striker

Re: Fed Up !!!!

Originally posted by that striker View Post
    I'm trying to claim charges back from nat west with financial hardship, but getting passed from pillar to post!!!! I ended up calling 6 different numbers and still got nowhere; anybody else in this situation? anybody been there done that? any help would be REALLY appreciated,
    Cheers,
    That striker
    First things first. What have you done so far? What letters have you sent and where?
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    And apologies for my manners, A Warm Welcome to Legal Beagles.
    Last edited by natweststaffmember; 16th March 2009, 17:03:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Welcome to Legal Beagles that striker, you may want to take a look at the following threads:-
      Arunadasi vs Natwest **Claim Approved**

Strugglingmum v Natwest

Wannabedebtfree vs NatWest

Dizzy Dave VS Natwest

lasek22uk vs Natwest - Hardship claim REJECTED

Also take a look in the Hardship Successes forum HERE

Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

heyup. Thanks for the warm welcome. I got as far as aking for my money back (the 2nd letter) but everything's on hold. I'm absolutely skint & signed on so called nat west asking them to deal with things now under the hardship waiver, but ended up nearly getting a loan to pay what i owe, as im overdrawn beyond my agreed limit.(sorry if im rambling but im new to this stuff) Not sure if they're just trying to slow me down or deter me - they were helpful enough mind - but im in the same position as i started. does that make sense?
        thanks for that, everyone seems so helpful!!!!!
        Last edited by that striker; 16th March 2009, 17:38:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by that striker View Post
          heyup. Thanks for the warm welcome. I got as far as aking for my money back (the 2nd letter) but everything's on hold. I'm absolutely skint & signed on so called nat west asking them to deal with things now under the hardship waiver, but ended up nearly getting a loan to pay what i owe, as im overdrawn beyond my agreed limit.(sorry if im rambling but im new to this stuff) Not sure if they're just trying to slow me down or deter me - they were helpful enough mind - but im in the same position as i started. does that make sense?
          thanks for that, everyone seems so helpful!!!!!
          Did you take out a loan?
          Do you have rent/mortgage arrears/council tax/utilities arrears?

Comment

no loans, benefits take care of rent / council tax, all utilities are on the token (like pay as you go mobiles). have to pay child support of minimum 40 p/m with travel to see them of at least 60 p/m. I'm also expecting child in august with current partner if that makes any difference

Comment

So other than money being tight you have no arrears on essential expenditure such as rent, council tax etc ?
              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Hi that Striker

A warm welcome to Legal Beagles.

This is the number that you require for Natwest - 0845 3012783 for hardship claims.

Comment

Hi Striker and welcome, everyone here is really helpful and friendly, have a read of some of our threads mentioned above and ask if you have any questions, re that number it's the number for chasing up the hardship claims, a couple of us have used it to 'progress' our claims, have you been accepted for hardship or filled in financial statement forms yet from Natwest?

Comment

Unfortunately, unless striker has built up arrears on essential expenditure items such as rent, council tax, utilities etc, I very much doubt that they would be classed as in severe financial hardship and IMO rightly so.

Comment

Hi striker and welcome to leagal beagles if your claim can be helped this is the place to be.everybody helps each other here.:tinysmile_grin_t: do have any arrears of the type listed by tools?
                      'Be Traist'

Comment

Phew !!! thanks all !!! Don't think I'd qualify for hardship then. All me bills come out of a different account & me dole covers them (only since I've stopped smoking). If I find anything out Ill let every1 know. Thanks again

Comment

I think you should make the application, section (a) of the guidelines lists parental leave as one of the reasons (OK its not that convincing on its own) you could qualify.

Overall your life style seems indicative of unquestionable hardship so give it a bash.

Have you seen the following list of reasons:

In making an assessment of financial difficulty the Bank will take into account:
                          a.
                          evidence of changes in lifestyle, including loss of employment; disability; serious illness; imprisonment; relationship breakdown; death of a partner; starting a lower paid job; parental/carer leave; and starting full-time education;
                          b.
                          evidence of the following events:
                          i.
                          items repeatedly being returned unpaid due to lack of available funds;
                          ii.
                          failing to make loan repayments or other commitments;
                          iii.
                          discontinuation of regular credits;
                          iv.
                          notification of some form of insolvency or court proceedings; eg eviction application

regular requests for increased borrowing or repeated rescheduling of debts;
                          vi.
                          making frequent cash withdrawals on a credit card at a non-promotional rate of interest; and
                          vii.
                          repeatedly exceeding a credit card or overdraft limit without agreement (and, in this regard, where a complainant has incurred over £500 in unauthorised overdraft charges in the previous 12 months, that is to be treated as indicative of financial difficulty).

If you feel any of the above might apply to you you should put in an application for the sake of a couple of stamps ...you never know! You will get all the support you need here.
                          The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

Tbh I don't think you will qualify for hardship, and I don't feel I could encourage you to apply, given the info you've listed above. They will ask for evidence of arrears etc before considering your application, which you wouldn't be able to produce as you haven't got any. My personal opinion is the same as Tools - money is tight but you wouldn't qualify for hardship.

Thats just my opinion though - If you want to give it a go, then go for it, just don't pin your hopes on it. You never know, you might get lucky, but I really don't think so. And if you do, let me know, cos I am brassic myself, but as long as we are keeping our heads above water, then hardship is unlikely.
                            Is no longer here

Comment

I agree with Wendy. We have bills/debts etc and find money tight at times, but because we keep up to date with the mortgage and utility bills then we don't qualify as hardship.

But if you feel like giving it a whirl then go ahead, you could be lucky, but please don't hold your breath.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X