• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello from New Member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello from New Member

Well done.

How much was your claim for? As most hardship refunds have been around the 30% mark.

Comment

They have just repaid the charges back from the last 4 months. Court case for £5,500 (including 8% interest). They said this payment would not affect claim for charges. Money has gone into bank this morning.

Comment

Well a result, if it only be a small one IMO.
        Not sure they have really helped you out much there TBH, JB.
        Just my thoughts on this but if you are living soley on benefits, then maybe opening a basic account to have them paid into would be the best option and if you have any DD's, making other alternatives to pay people.
        This way you won't get any more charges on the account.
        I'm no expert on the hardship issues and can't say what they may or not pay you when they have agreed to hardship, but as stated above it has been about 30% to 50% and we have one just recently promised the whole amount back.
        I would go for a little more, but please wiat for someone elses input on this.
        Enaid x

Comment

Well, from doing a quick calculation, the 475 seems to be only about 10% (max) of what you claimed for (excluding the 8% interest). Most people have been getting aroung 30% so this seems a bit stingy of HSBC, IMO. Have you agreed to this goodwill payment, ie have you signed anything? What are the terms, and have you had anything in writing from them? I personally would try and negotiate a bit more out of them. It could be that by ringing you yesterday and then the money being into your bank account today, they are trying to rush it through at minimal cost to them with no hassle and hoping you will shut up and go away.

No doubt someone else will be along soon with more thoughts on the matter.
          Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X