• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello from New Member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from New Member

Hello Everyone

I have just found this site and like most other users (I suppose) I am awaiting the outcome of the Test Case. I tried for Hardship but was refused by the 'nice chap' from HSBC.

Best wished

Jailbird

Re: Hello from New Member

A warm welcome Jailbird. How long ago did you apply for hardship? When did they respond to you? And have your circumstances changed since then?

Comment

Hello Jailbird and a warm welcome to Beagles.
      Enaid x

Comment

Hi

I applied for Hardship in November 2007 with FOS and was refused in January/Feb 2008. The lady from the FOS said because I was not in debt I did not come under the Hardship umbrella. I expalined that my monthly payment of DLA that was supposed to be used for my care was being taken by bank charges but she said it made no difference.

To be very honest it made me very ill and I ended up having 2 angina attacks in quick succession so I just go overdrawn and pay my carers any way I can and wait in hope that I will get it sorted out some day.

JB

JB
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Sorry forgot to say 'thank you' for the welcolme.

JB
        Last edited by jailbird; 21st January 2009, 18:21:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Are you in any arrears as we stand today and you do not need to mention names merely are they utilities rent, etc,etc?

Comment

Yes 2 utilities

Comment

Originally posted by jailbird View Post
              Yes 2 utilities
              Those may be grounds for asking HSBC to relook at the case as we stand today.

Comment

Thank you I will ring DG Solicitors in the morning and ask.

JB

Comment

Hi Jailbird

A very warm welcome to Legal Beagles.

My O/H currently has a hardship case with HSBC bank account, having been assessed by both Abbey and Halifax and approved for hardship, HSBC, have been very difficult and so far have not budged.

He has not had the time to do it, but it is his intention to go to the Chief Excecutive of HSBC and appeal to him. D&G are the Solicitors, so unfortunately will only take instructions from the relevant department at HSBC.

You will also need to provide them with your evidences of your hardship, an Income and expenditure schedule, your updated charges schedule and a letter explaining how and why this situation arose. Also, quote you court claim number and account number on all documents.

When you applied to the FOS I would imagine this was this before the waiver rules that were introduced for hardship cases last summer. I would re-visit the FOS with your further evidence together with the all the documents I have already suggested. Your letter should mentioned especially mention your current health problems. The FSA waiver is due to expire on 26/1/09 - but it is expected to be reviewed and extended. However, I would get that letter off to the FOS ASAP.

Comment

Thanks Tuttsi I will do this over weeken when hopefylly I will be feeling better abd able to cope a little better with it.

JB

Comment

Hi JB

The FSA Waiver has now been extended to July09, so no panic.

Wish you better.

Comment

Welcome xx

Are you claiming back charges the bank have taken from your benefits ? - Legal Beagles
                        Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                        Me VS Abbey Win
                        BIL HSBC Credit Card
                        BIL EGG
                        BIL HSBC Loan
                        BIL PPI Win

Comment

Hi

Right I have gathered all my information and done a new expenditure sheet showing incomings/outgoings and done a covering letter to Mr Geoghean, CEO HSBC explaining that I think my case should be looked at under 'harship rules'. I have sent it recorded delivery and given him 14 days to reply.

Now the wait ...............:ohwell:

Comment

Hi

I have had a phone call this morning from a nice chap from HSBC.

He went through all my income (benefits) and expenditure and agreed that I was a 'hardship case'.

He has agreed to put a block on all charges for 3 months and refund me £475 in order to help me get back on my feet. He also said this would not affet my claim in any way. That would still stand. He said if court case not resolved in 3 months then I can apply for charges to be blocked again.

Not the result I wanted but better then nothing.

Many thanks for your help so far. Will keep you informed of any changes along the way.

Regards

JB

Comment

Well done and congratulations on getting HSBC to agree your hardship situation.

Of your total claim what does £475 represent approximately ... ie 50% .

At least this money should help a little.

All the best

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X