• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hardship claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardship claims

sorry to ask but will this work with credit card companys ??

as they have placed loads of late payment fees and out of limit fees on me card ??

thanks for any help

sorry it this has been talk about before and i have mist it

Re: Hardship claims

Hi Fredsat

You can still carry on with your claim for credit cards, they are not being stayed at court.

Have you started a claim ?
    Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

No i do not no how to....

I have got into a right mess with about 2 banks and 5 credit cards.

I have been trying to pay as much as i can have i have sent letters telling them what i will pay £1.00 a mth as i need to pay rent and other more inportant bills

They do not even replay just keep ring me and sending letters saying we got to make you bankruped and we going to court (wish they would)

I am geting 5 calls a day form one called robson way i have asked and ask then to stop calling me as it makes me ill and they keep doing.......

i have a heart problem and end up get wound up on the phone with them..

I am get to the point of i ust do not no where to trun next !!!!

SO ANY HELP WOULD BE GOOD

sorry if spelling is not good

Comment

First of all you need to work out how many charges you have for each credit card and the date they were applied. There is a calculator on the site that you can use if you go to the Library and click on spreadsheets. You need to decide if you want to claim compound interest or not. That is for you to decide.

This is your first step.

Hope it helps
        jax

Comment

Hi Fredsat

You might like to start a thread for each credit card and bank, and don't worry we are a friendly bunch and will give you as much help and advice as you need, to get you back on your feet.

You might like to start with the credit cards make a list of who they are if they are still with the original creditor or in the hands of debt collection agencies.

here is a letter to send to Robinson Way for telephone harassment
          Legal Beagles

Another piece of advise is don't talk to them on the phone, everything to be in writing, we have all been there scared to answer the phone don't worry you will feel so much better once you start taking control of the situation.

Any questions just ask and someone will help you
          Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Ok i will try this but nowing my banks and cards i will get in to more truble lol

Right sorry to ask to work out chages i need to look at me statments do i list all the fee IE late and over amount fees?? or just part of it or what

I need to do this for ever card that i have?

Then where do i go from there when i have worked out that ?

Comment

Yes list all your Late and Overamount fees, do a seperate list for each card.

Then you will send a first letter to each card company asking them to repay it, with you list attached.

In the Library there is a letter 'preliminary letter for repayment - credit cards'

Once you have got your lists we'll be able to help you with the spreadsheets.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

hI fredsat

Start here have a read of this Legal Beagles

This will guide you with the steps you need to make.

Comment

Hi Fred,

just wondering how you are getting on? If you have any questions feel free to ask and some one will help with your query. It can be a bit daunting to start with but there are a lot of people on here with loads of experience, and will be able to guide you.

Comment

Still trying to work me way through the card and bank statments

Hard going this is.

Sent a letter to robson way and the phone calls have stoped now thank god.

(copy of letter i sent)

Robinson, Way & Company Limited
                    London Scottish House
                    Carolina Way
                    Quays Reach
                    Salford
                    Manchester
                    M50 2ZY

- HARASSMENT WARNING -
                    WARNING: PROTECTION FROM THE HARASSMENT ACT 1997:
                    WARNING COMMUNICATIONS ACT 2003, S127.
                    TELEPHONE NUMBER ***********
                    Re: Harassment by Telephone
                    Dear Sir/Madam
                    I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.
                    I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.
                    I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only, and that the telephone numbers listed above be completely removed form your systems.
                    This is a private telephone operated on a contract with the intention of receiving and making personal phone calls. I have not authorised other member of my family to receive calls from your organisation using this private telephone. By using this telephone number with out my permission you are interfering with my ability to use my own private property for the duration of the call.
                    It is my right to require that this telephone that is licensed solely to myself is kept clear for my own private call.
                    I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.
                    If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.
                    Be advised that all telephone calls from your company are recorded

Yours faithfully,

Now i have started to get calls from the Halifax Bank now over a overdraft on a bank that i do not use any more. just told me on the phone that i have no right to ask them to remove me phone number and they will call me when they like and at what time they like untill i sort out the money that i owe!!!!!!

Comment

The Halifax have been in bother for this type of harassment more than once. You should log all the calls they make to you and then report them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2007...ccounts.saving

Comment

need to ask on one of me statments i have Payment Break this is a lot of £££ can i clam this back it makes up a big amount of the card.

Comment

Is it a charge? How much is it?

Comment

i had payment break on my monument card aswell but it wasnt alot of money and i was unsure what it was so i didnt claim for it and im not totally sure what a payment break is but it does not appear on my statments as a charge for being over my limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
                              Is it a charge? How much is it?

It is diffent every mth it is like a % of the amount on the card
                              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                              Sorry to ask this but if the card has been taken over by a debt collector like my citi card has been can i still claim from citi for the charges?

Am sorry to keep asking all these things but i have not got an ider if what i am doing yet lol lol lol

:tinysmile_cry_t:
                              Last edited by fredsat; 13th November 2008, 18:31:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X