• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

jules2008 hardship claims - success through FOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jules2008 hardship claims

Well done Jules. Accept that through the FOS and it will close your complaint with them, but will keep you issue with the bank open for resolution at the end of the test case. This amount should pay off a fair bti of the arrears and help get you back on the level, and just before christmas too. Excellent news xxxxxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: jules2008 hardship claims - success through FOS

Fantastic news and well done

:whoo:

Hopes this helps you with your situation and puts you back on the right track

Scooby
      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

thank you and yes it certainly will be a great help! to be honest will not solve all my problems but goes some way to helping for sure. if anyone would like to know my contact at FOS who was totally brilliant understanding etc happy to pass it on.
        lol can see on my letter the e-mail and phone number of mr Eynon so there you go anyone who needs help contact him.

jules
        Last edited by jules2008; 26th November 2008, 01:11:AM. Reason: stupidity

Comment

Well done Jules.

xx

Comment

A word of caution re the FOS settlement form they need to be told that you are only agreeing to this as a partial payment of the outstanding balance as this is a Hardship Claim and therefore agreed to help you out in the short term to sort out your pending debt issues.

The FOS are very funny about the Full & Final bit and they wont consider the F&F bit being scored out. I have had this conversation with them previously, although not under hardship criteria I must admit.

I would send a covering letter with the acceptance form and also copy in the Bank to this as well stating that you agree to the payment in the first instance as a partial payment but reserve the right to re-visit the rest of the outstanding amounts after the resolution of the test case.

It may be worth phoning the FOS for clarification first.

Having said that I will now go and read your letter posted above which may have clarified your rights in this.

Tanz

EDIT: Having now read the letter I would still send a covering letter with something along the lines of that, you accept the offer on the understanding that the bank must retain my complaint on file until after the Test Case has been completed when it must then make contact with me to revisit the remaining amounts outlined in my original claim. Or words to that effect.

Tanz
            Last edited by TANZARELLI; 26th November 2008, 08:32:AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Tanz,

The letter from the FOS is quite clear.

The "full and final" part is the "full and final" with respect to her complaint to the FOS and concerning Jules financial hardship issues.

It is not the full and final settlement for her bank charges reclaim with the Halifax.

There is no danger to Jules in signing the acceptance bit of the form.

It has already been suggested to Jules that once the interim payment has cleared into her account she write to the Halifax confirming receipt of the interim payment, detailing how she sees the oustanding remainder of her claim and confirming that she expects any additional payment de to her once the test case has been resolved.

IMO, there is no need to delay or complicate matters by causing problems with he FOS who seem to have done an excellent job in here in record time.

Budgie

Comment

Yes did edit my post slightly as hadn't read letter before posting.

If thats the case and its F&F for FOS involvement then thats great. I am just wary about F&F and to be honest don't trust the banks so personally would cover myself at every opporunity to save any hicups in the future.

Fair comment.

I still think a short covering letter to acompany the FOS settlement form wont do any harm as you are not saying you are not accepting but just reafirming whats in the FOS letter which accompanied the settlement form thats all.

A difference of opinion perhaps :-)

Tanz

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X