• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax and Hardship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax and Hardship

Recently there have been a lot of reports of hardship cases being settled by Halifax.

They do also appear to be adding some form of compensatory interest onto the settlements.

So if you are in financial difficulty under the terms of the waiver and you have a claim in with halifax I would suggest getting a letter into them asap. They will respond with a standard IE form and you will need to provide evidence of your financial circumstances. Complete this honestly and return it to them.

They are under no obligation to refund the charges, but they do appear to be doing so in these hardship cases.

Well done Halifax
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Halifax and Hardship

it worked for me, although can i just add try and be patient , difficult i know , it took roughly 8wks from halifax recieving my financial statement to them making an offer(today) havent actually got the money in my account yet but as soon as i do you will be the 1st to know.

maybe the halifax really do have a heart

Comment

If you look on the success thread over on MSE there are quite a few cases, all hardship and most settled at an amount above the claim they entered.

Its really good news,,,,bit curious about the underlying reasons for it and all that but it is good and nice to see people that really need some help getting it at long last.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Existing Halifax Claims - Customer Relations on 01977 627358.
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

have made you a thread and moved your post to asociablemisanthrope v Halifax - Legal Beagles @ asociablemisanthrope
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Reclaim Unfair Bank Charges article discussion Part II - Page 188 - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
            TO SPEED THINGS UP WITH THE HALIFAX IF YOU HAVE ANY LETTERS PROVING YOUR FINANCIAL HARDSHIP E.G DEFAULT NOTICES,BALIFFS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO A FAX MACHINE FAX IT TO CUSTOMER RELATIONS OR TAKE IT TO YOUR LOCAL BRANCH AND TELL THEM TO FAX IT THROUGH PLEASE WRITE YOUR REF.. NO ON THE LETTERS TO BE FAXED AND ALSO MARK AS URGENT..THIS INFO CAME FROM A CUSTOMER RELATIONS MANAGER AFTER I WAS MESSED AROUND FOR AGES..........
            THe info may be helpful for HBOS claimants

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X