• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA account managers and full investigation...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£100 might be pushing it a tad, a sensible starting point might be 25-30% of the debt if that's what you wanted to do, just ensure any letters/conversations about settling are 'without prejudice' - don't think you need worry about acknowledging the debt as you were making payments until 2016 so it's only 3 years since and is unlikely to go another 3 years before they'd bring court action - if you don't want to try settling then I would def be asking for the NoA and DN, and send the SAR to Halifax so you can cross ref anything. If you're writing you can say thanks for agreement, doesn't seem to be complete (if it doesn't), and I need a breakdown of the debt, the DN and NoA to further consider my position, however in interests of saving any more time ( as you took nearly two years to send this agreement ) effort etc on this, and without prejudice, I would be open to consider a full & final settlement on the account of £xxxx .... or installments of xxxx, something like that.

I am not a debt advisor and have no idea of your overall financial situation and I can't say if this is the right way to go, it does seem likely now they have decided they have complied with the s78 request that they will start making moves towards a CCJ over the next few months if they don't get anywhere.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks again!
      I’m not sure it’s complete - it only has a bit of info cancellation to say the Halifax will let me know about my cancellation rights. There’s no actual info on it.

I can’t believe PRA has left it this long!

Thx, RM.

Comment

Feel free to redact your personal info ( if it's on there) and post a pic up of what they have sent xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I’ll do that later today - gotta run now!

it looks like they’ve got me though, right?

RM

Comment

impossible to say as yet, but it's not all that old, you did know about it and have a payment plan set up previously, so it's likely you will have to settle at some point unless there's a major issue with that agreement, so it's hedging bets whether to try do it now for a bigger reduction or let it get to court, use anything there is to defend, and basically, call their bluff, either trying to settle later, but in the knowledge that if they declined and did go on to win you'd have to pay the full amount plus the costs and possibly, if you couldn't do it in full within 28 days, have a CCJ registered against you for 6 years. It is a tough decision and massively depends on your circumstances / stress levels / financial etc.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just realised sth - the amount of credit that’s stated in this “copy” from PRA is £1,500, but I’m sure the original amount was only £1,000.

ill need to ask Halifax for an SAR, right?

thx

Comment

Hi there! Received a court claim for Northampton last week. I’ve sent the acknowledgement but I’ve also told PRA that I need the original amount that was in the original credit agreement.

They responded last week to say they were asking Halifax for it. Nothing back as yet.

Today i I emailed and let them know that I’ve sent acknowledgment and that I’m looking for legal advice. I also said I believed that their credit agreement wasn’t the original and that they data scraped info from alternative sources. This is what I got back...

Comment

Oops! Forgot to attach!
                  Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X