• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with CCJ & charging order please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with CCJ & charging order please

Hi all. Would like to know if I have a case to get CCJ set aside and stop charging order on house. Much appreciated. Summary below

I Have an agreement with a company that brought an old debt. The courts agreed I owed this and £20 per month on the 1st was off every month was agreed.

I have not missed a payment in 2 years. In Feb 2016 the company filed for a CCJ on Feb 3rd this is 2 days after payment was due.

I had sent payment and it must have got lost. The judge without hearing gave me a CCJ. I sent £50 for the judge to review and heard nothing till last week when I recieved a court date as the company have filed for a charging order on my house.

I phoned the court and said I had not heard from the judge for a decision I paid the £50 to look over case to set aside. I was told the judge will look at this at the same time as the court case for the charging order.

As I was waiting and was told nothing of this matter 28 days have passed and I am now stuck with this CCJ which even if I pay the debtor now in full will be left with it.

The debtor has processed payments for Feb, March and April and no default letter has been sent

The debt is only £920 this all seems crazy
    Tags: None

Re: Help with CCJ & charging order please

I'll ask [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] to take a look.

Comment

Hi Wolves

When you say
      The courts agreed I owed this and £20 per month on the 1st was off every month was agreed.
      did you not get a judgment against you at that point or was the £20 agreed via a consent order ?

We can look at the rest once we know on what basis you were paying £20 a month - if you have the original order that told you to pay £20 a month that would be useful.

Was it originally a credit card/loan/overdraft type debt or something else - council tax / speeding fine etc ?

Thanks

Sharon
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Yes it was a loan that 1st credit financial purchased. I had lots of letters and they filed threating for court so I agreed to pay £20 per month. This was done officially and through the courts. I agreed to make payments by the 1st of each month.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry it was a credit card debt not a loan

Comment

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Okay so the £20 was via a consent order? Do you have a copy please.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It was a Tomlin order. I have had an interim charging order letter recieved today also. 1st credit refuse payment of the CCJ in full and state they have sent a consent form out with court costs for May hearing

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X