• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cfs ltd as barclays partner finance to advent computer training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cfs ltd as barclays partner finance to advent computer training

Hey. I got leter from cabot finance with outstanding balance of £6547.30 for 6 years ago advent computer training course loan ...so now i got problems with my credit history....so now i need some help how to sort it out.
    Tags: None

Re: Cfs ltd as barclays partner finance to advent computer training

Originally posted by Shtyras View Post
    Hey. I got leter from cabot finance with outstanding balance of £6547.30 for 6 years ago advent computer training course loan ...so now i got problems with my credit history....so now i need some help how to sort it out.
    Hi welcome to LB
    You will need to give us a full history and dates for us to be able to comment on this.

nem

Comment

Ok i will try to find out more info

Comment

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/mone...ccess-2-534673

Advent seems to have closed in 2010 ? So if you haven't had anything to do with this since before then the debt will be statute barred and you should tell them so.

If a debt is statute barred it means they cannot reclaim it off you through the courts. Section 5 Limitations Act 1980.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes that is the same thing...i started to study with advent and they were bust asfter 3 moths in 2010...now just cabot finance they are keep calling me and sending letters with 6.5k to pay off barclays finance...and its affecting my credit history i can't get any loan or mortgage...

Comment

Wel you didn't receive the training and BPF are liable under section 75 to refund you ( or themselves) so they should be chasing Advent ( or their liquidators) for these sums.

Did you do anything with BPF at the time Advent went under or just assume that was just all concluded ?

If you signed up 3 months before the company went under then the debt may not be statute barred. On your credit file is there a default showing from BPF at all ? That only stays on for six years - even if they sell it to Cabot and Cabot take over reporting - it shouldn't change the date of default and will fall off after 6 years of the default.

To get it removed completely you will need to fight a bit and we'll need to reply to Cabot's letter if its an LBA ? - have they actually sent a letter before action ( ie we will take court action in 14 days ) or is it just mithering ? If it is not an LBA then I'd be inclined to keep them filed away and ignored until you are comfortably statute barred.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Cabot just mithering...they just asking to pay thats it. Im gona check credit report to see if bpf is ther.

Comment

In that case file them away.... no point stopping the clock on stat barring when it's so close.... they may send a letter before action so if they do we'll see where you are with dates then ( need to know when you last had any contact with BPF or paid them anything)

Let me know what your credit file shows.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Last paymet was done before they were bust and then i just stop paying. Marlin is like cabot was trying to get money from me and said that they gonna come to my house and like this but never came...

Comment

Where i can get my credit report?
                    Coz experian credit experts dont show anything...

Comment

Noddle is pretty good.

With credit experts make sure you cancel if you put any card details in.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well they went under beginning of Feb 2010 didn' t they? So if you last payment was Jan 2010 or even Dec 2009 then it may already have dropped off

I'd still ignore unless you get a letter before action though, and then just reply to that stating the debt is statute barred
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes i found bpf default in my credit report...acc sart date is 03/07/2009 and date of default is 23/12/2011

Comment

okay, bit of a delayed reaction from BPF then.

Should still be stat barred though as they could have defaulted you one/two months after your last payment. You'll need the terms of the agreement with BPF if they do come to court action.

That won't fall off your file until Dec 2017 which is extremely wrong....so think that will need arguing separately as a wrongful default ( but that's not simple ) so need to look into things - I think I would still wait until you are safely stat barred ( so maybe end of Feb ?) or have court papers before poking anything though.

Did you have any contact from Advent/BPF etc after the liquidation. There is stuff in that Mirror article about moving people onto a different course with a different provider ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes they said they gonna transfer me to computeach but i didnt wanna go there...coz ct was very bad place to learn something...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X