• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gym membership contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gym membership contract

and quote this for the 14 days

Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013

30.— Normal cancellation period

(1) The cancellation period ends as follows, unless regulation 31 applies.

(2) If the contract is—

(a) a service contract, or

(b) a contract for the supply of digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium,

the cancellation period ends at the end of 14 days after the day on which the contract is entered into.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok brilliant. Just the one lot to contact then Thanks. I will put that on a hard copy to them in the post as well. Thanks very much for your help.

Comment

Bannatynes have come back with this....
        Thank you for your email. We do not believe our terms and conditions impinge upon your statutory rights, as the cooling off period remains available until such time as the facilities are used.

You are welcome to dispute this matter further, by logging your complaint/feedback here:
        http://www.bannatyne.co.uk/contact/feedback/

Your membership currently remains live, and you are welcome to avail yourself of the facilities.

Not really sure where to go from here now or how to argue that it does impinge on my statutory rights?

Comment

hmmmm. They would say that really. Good they came back so quickly though.

Did you quote this bit http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...872#post588872

And in your letter did you mention you were happy to pay for the two sessions you used but you do not wish to enter into any fixed term contract with them ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

You go through the normal complaint procedure

They have to give you a full and final response to enable you to pass it up to the ombudsman

Use the link they provided

You must head the complaint as

FORMAL COMPLAINT AS TO YOUR COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE

This is Bannatyne all over and they are already on dodgy ground after losing in the high court to the Office of Fair Trading on this issue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21712728

Comment

Just to say I don't seem to be the only person thinks that applies to Gym memberships - Which? have this http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...ts-regulations

The trader shouldn’t start providing the service before the 14 day cancellation period has ended, unless you have requested this.

If you request a service starts straightaway In this instance you will still have the right to cancel, but you must pay for the value of the service that is provided up to the point you cancel.

For example, if you buy a service like gym membership and start using the gym and then change your mind within this 14 day time period, you will be refunded but could be charged for the amount of gym time you used.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Just to say I don't seem to be the only person thinks that applies to Gym memberships - Which? have this http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...ts-regulations
                SNAP (as post 4?..... lol)

Comment

Yes was just reminding following the response from Bannantynes - quoting Which? might have more impact than quoting us.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X