• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice re cancelling with a cmc re ppi claiim after i complained to them. m

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice re cancelling with a cmc re ppi claiim after i complained to them. m

Hi.

Brief story.

I became aware last week that I had mistakenly signed up eith a CMC regarding a natwest ppi ckaim.

On.discovery I contacted the CMC detailing how thus had happened and complained about their advertising as paperwork etc looked like natwests.

They responded saying that while they disagreed eith me they would extend the cancellation period and give me seven days to respond. This would not incurr a fee, normally 195 plus vat per hour!

My question is once this is cancelled, am I allowed to restart a new claim independently without them?

Regards

Sorry spellin difficult to correct on mobile.
    Tags: None

Re: Advice re cancelling with a cmc re ppi claiim after i complained to them. m

Originally posted by melann View Post
    Hi.

Brief story.

I became aware last week that I had mistakenly signed up eith a CMC regarding a natwest ppi ckaim.

On.discovery I contacted the CMC detailing how thus had happened and complained about their advertising as paperwork etc looked like natwests.

They responded saying that while they disagreed eith me they would extend the cancellation period and give me seven days to respond. This would not incurr a fee, normally 195 plus vat per hour!

My question is once this is cancelled, am I allowed to restart a new claim independently without them?

Regards

Sorry spellin difficult to correct on mobile.
    Hi welcome to LB,

Cancel by signed for post asap and quote them on extended period and no fee.
    Check delivery data. Keep copies of everything.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Hi welcome to LB,

Cancel by signed for post asap and quote them on extended period and no fee.
      Check delivery data. Keep copies of everything.

nem
      Thank you for the lovely welcome and advice.
      Well this is magic. I was just printing off the letter I'd emailed them taking them up on the no fee cancellation to post and have signed for when they replied via email saying they will cease working on the claim and no fer will be charged to me.

I responded asking for this in a letter ny post to which they have agreed.

I have heard many nasty stories about some of these claims companies and am glad I'm not now involved with them.

Do you think I am now allowed to pursue the possible ppi claim indrpendantly as it is nothing to do with them now.

Comment

Originally posted by melann View Post
        Thank you for the lovely welcome and advice.
        Well this is magic. I was just printing off the letter I'd emailed them taking them up on the no fee cancellation to post and have signed for when they replied via email saying they will cease working on the claim and no fer will be charged to me.

I responded asking for this in a letter ny post to which they have agreed.

I have heard many nasty stories about some of these claims companies and am glad I'm not now involved with them.

Do you think I am now allowed to pursue the possible ppi claim indrpendantly as it is nothing to do with them now.
        Hi of course no one needs an expensive claim company to reclaim PPI.

What you will need to do is get the data together on all your accounts that have PPI make a separate file for each one ( if there is more than 1)

You may have to make Subject Access Requests to each creditor to get all the personal data they hold on you including statements showing PPI payments.

There is a £10 statutory fee for a SAR ( 1 fee however many accounts you have with that creditor) a creditor has 40 days to comply with the request.

Once you have all the data you can start working out how much you can reclaim + interest.

There will be loads of help here if you need it!

nem

Comment

Thats wonderful. I'm not frightened of doing the leg work.

Just of progressing this particular claim them having that company chase me for 25% plus VAT.

I will peruse the site , looks like there's lots of help available as you say.

Very many thanks indeed, nem.

Comment

£195 plus VAT per hour? ? blimey that's more than quite a few solicitors. Get your cancellation in ASAP. RECORDED.

I'd also like to know a bit more about this advertising material you received which looked like natwests as they could be in breach there - did they send it through the post unasked for, or off the back of a cold call ?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X