• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Passport Services Scam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Passport Services Scam?

Today I was renewing my passport and accidentally clicked on UKpassportservices, after filling out my form and signing a contract online, I then realised I had made a mistake after reading the emails I was sent by this company. I cancelled my appointment within a few hours signing the contract but I am still being charged with the fee of £83.75 + VAT as because I agreed and signed their contract I "waive my 14 day cancellation rights". They do not have my banking details but do have my home address, email and phone number. I am just a student and I do not earn enough to be able to pay this ridiculous fee on top of the actual cost of renewing my passport. Please could I have some advice on how to deal with this?
    Tags: None

Re: UK Passport Services Scam?

Hi jheals.

When you were going through the online booking process what happened when you got to the 'pay now' page?

Also did you cancel the appointment with the website (or the passport office itself) and what method of cancellation did you use?

Are they not charging you for the appointment part of the 'package of services'? As their usual charge is £117.60 including VAT.

Comment

I never went on to a pay now page, I just filled in my address etc and then had to sign the contract. I have been sent 2 emails demanding a pay within 72 hours, one for the initial cost of £117 and then another after I cancelled of £83

- - - Updated - - -

I cancelled the appointment by following a link on one of the companies emails,which then reduced the fee to £83

Comment

Originally posted by jheels View Post
        I never went on to a pay now page
        So just to be clear, you never encountered a 'pay now' page or did you believe you went through the entire online process and there wasn't one?

Also did you go onto the site thinking it was the official passport site?

Comment

Yes I never encountered a pay now page on the website, I assumed there would of been one as it listed the price of renewing your passport at the start.

Comment

Ok.

Can you send us the correspondence to & from them and the invoice to admin@legalbeagles.info and mark the subject as jheels v BPS and we can advise.

You could send them a letter of complaint but in all likelihood they'll issue a claim anyway I'm afraid. On the plus side of the 7 or so cases that have gone to court all have been won by the defendant.

Read the guide http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...455#post522455

Comment

New thread - > http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...7-jheels-v-BPS
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X