• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Finance charge

Your welcome, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
      Your welcome, good luck.
      Hello Andy our solicitor will not provide a letter to send to them. Do you know of a good template that we could use to ensure the wording is correct when sending it to welcome?
      Never give up and the road may be long, but if your right you will win in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul4042 View Post
        Hi I have asked for this a good few times now and all they give is what I posted in my first thread on here. All I want to do is get them to remove the charge from the house so we can proceed and maybe sell the house and move. If anyone can help with a draft letter to welcome that would be great. We just need a little help with this because welcome are not sending any proofs that we have requested.
        If you send a SAR then they are required in law (DPA) to provide you with all the personal information they hold. It's quite different from just asking them. You would also be better to stop phoning them and make sure that everything is kept in writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
          If you send a SAR then they are required in law (DPA) to provide you with all the personal information they hold. It's quite different from just asking them. You would also be better to stop phoning them and make sure that everything is kept in writing.
          I have sent them the request via email and asked them to reply with 24 hrs. I don't expect to get anything back from them so soon and I will keep you all posted of any developments if any. I am slightly annoyed at my solicitor for not helping me too with the wording of the letter to welcome to complain.
          Never give up and the road may be long, but if your right you will win in the end!

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I would give a an update of what has come back from Welcome.

PHP Code:
            FromINFO [mailto:INFO@cattles.co.uk
            Sent08 July 2014 11:55
            To
            : **************
            SubjectReWelcome charge 
            Good Morning

Thank you for your recent email.

Our Secured Administration Department have reviewed your email and have
            advised that the account is no longer held with Welcome Finance

The debt was sold to a debt collection agency called Tradepro as, for further information on this
            debt you would need to contact Tradepro on 0330 300 1004.

Best Regards

Customer Relations
            Welcome Financial Services Ltd 
            Mere Way 
            Ruddington Fields Business Park
            Nottingham 
            NG11 6NZ 
            As you can see Welcome seem to have washed thier hands of this and we wish to know can we now force welcome into removing the charge on our house, because they have admitted they no longer own the account or information held on it.

Comment

Could someone please give me some advice to the above posting? I have been told that if welcome have sold the account and been paid out as stated above thread, that they no longer have a hold on our house. I wanting to know what we can do to ensure that welcome follow the guidelines set down in law with regards to removing the charge from our house.

I was told this by a litigation solicitor that if they have sold the debt they no longer have a financial hold because they have been paid out and the charge must be removed. The charge is under Welcome Finance and not under the company tradepro or Cattles or any other name they wish to use and therefore cannot force the charge.

Just a little bit of clarification and a short letter to ensure they remove the charge would be very helpful in this matter.

Comment

I have sent them the request via email and asked them to reply with 24 hrs. I don't expect to get anything back from them so soon and I will keep you all posted of any developments if any. I am slightly annoyed at my solicitor for not helping me too with the wording of the letter to welcome to complain.
                What you sent was not a proper Subject Access Request (SAR). Those have to be sent by post with a £10 fee and they have 40 days to respond. If you send an email giving them 24 hours and no fee, they are not going to bother digging up all the historical account information.

I realise all you want is a solution and to get the charge removed, however, the more info you have the better. On posts above you say both that the loan was satisfied (presumably that means paid off) and that the debt has been sold, which seems a little contradictory. :noidea:

Have you got any paperwork showing the account being settled? If not, a proper SAR should produce the paperwork, even if the account was sold, unless you settled it with the new owner rather than with Welcome.

Comment

Many thanks for the reply.

The said dept is cleared and paid off and they have stated that I should pay for the information and we have sent this off, but we have since got that reply from them.

We have no paperwork with regards to them or the loan because it was cleared 5 years ago and there is nothing on our credit files to show that we owe them any kind of money, nor have we had any kind of letters from them since clearing the debt. If we owed them money I am sure they would have been chasing us all the way and a default would have been placed on/our credit files to ensure we don't get any credit in the future.

WE just keep getting a run around from them and we have been told that if they have sold the debt and discharged it to someone else then we should have been informed that we owed money of which they did not in either case.

All we want is to resolve this matter, but the said company will not give me any details even when I phone up and speak to them, all they say is that is no longer a welcome account and they dont hold any account information.

So we are between a Rock and Hard place with them. My solictor has also got the same thing from them nothing.

We just need some kind of help to ensure they remove the charge which they say the clearly dont own now.

Comment

Sorry, irrelevant to your thread really but just noticed this

The debt was sold to a debt collection agency called Tradepro as, for further information on this
                    debt you would need to contact Tradepro on 0330 300 1004.

Tradepro is what MKDP used to be called... part of the Compello group - incs. Raven, MKDP, MKRR and Keynes Collections.

Possibly interesting regarding MKDP.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Many thanks for the reply.

The said dept is cleared and paid off
                      Have you got it in writing? :typing:

and they have stated that I should pay for the information and we have sent this off, but we have since got that reply from them.
                      Have you sent a proper SAR, by post, with the £10 fee? If so, has it been more than 40 days since you sent it? The email you posted doesn't sound like a response to a SAR but to one of your emails or phone calls requesting information. Even when an account is sold, the original lender will always keep records. If you look at other threads on here, you'll see debt purchasers always say they have to request the documents from the lender. :cell:

We have no paperwork with regards to them or the loan because it was cleared 5 years ago
                      This being a loan secured on your home, I'd have thought you'd have some way of showing the loan was paid off and that you'd have tried to ensure the charge on your property had been duly removed. :noidea:

and there is nothing on our credit files to show that we owe them any kind of money, nor have we had any kind of letters from them since clearing the debt. If we owed them money I am sure they would have been chasing us all the way and a default would have been placed on/our credit files to ensure we don't get any credit in the future.
                      Yes, but defaults don't stay on file forever, they drop off after 6 years. :thumb:

WE just keep getting a run around from them and we have been told that if they have sold the debt and discharged it to someone else then we should have been informed that we owed money of which they did not in either case.
                      Only accounts where there's an outstanding balance get sold, otherwise why would a debt purchaser want to buy an account with a nil balance if there's nothing there for them?

All we want is to resolve this matter, but the said company will not give me any details even when I phone up and speak to them, all they say is that is no longer a welcome account and they dont hold any account information.
                      The best thing to do is to stop ringing them and send a proper SAR if you have not already done so. The person on the other end of the line would probably only have limited access to the system, there's a reason companies are allowed to charge for providing historical data and why they are allowed up to 40 days to respond: it takes more than a few seconds to access your full account history.

So we are between a Rock and Hard place with them. My solictor has also got the same thing from them nothing.

We just need some kind of help to ensure they remove the charge which they say the clearly dont own now.
                      Have you contacted the Land Registry?

Comment

We did a SAR off with the fee and we reoprted it to the FOS, but we have this reply from them.

The FOS cannot deal with welcome because of the follow issue:-

The information was supplied by http://www.fscs.org.uk/what-we-cover...m&company=2514
                        • Welcome Financial Services Limited

Declared in default 2nd March 2011
                        1. The Firm (and the Cattles Group) is insolvent but has reached an agreement with its financial creditors to restructure its liabilities. Given that it is insolvent, the firm has been declared in default. http://www.fscs.org.uk/industry/news...cial-358dpepp/

Please advise what we should now do? Surely now because they have been declared in Default they must remove the said charge and now we know why they are not so forth coming with the information we have all asked for in all our emails to them or to my SAR request?

I am lost for what we can do next, can someone please help me.

Comment

Paul, I am in the same situation are yourself. I took out a regulated loan with Welcome back in 2008 for 16 K. My loan is not paid off but I am following your thread with interest. The very best of luck and please keep up all updated.

Comment

Subscribe, battling them for over eight years!
                            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Get a copy of the credit agreement . It is very likely to be completely unreadable . The original agreements were A3 with tems and conditions on the back of eah sheet . These were then sanned and when wanted reproduced at A4 this means that the terms and contitions are so small as to be completely unreadable. It is possible that welcome do not have copy of your agreement .

Comment

Agree, Ii have my origanal documents and the ones they sent me are, as secured says are almost illegable.
                                They also sent a statement that has different dates.
                                More than likely the underwriters were Norwich Union ( Aviva) with LBs help and prsistance I did get something back via them.
                                Still hasnt stopped Welscum getting DCAs involved benn almost three months since I heard anything though.
                                You need persistance a thick skin and LBs support and help for this one.:beagle:
                                Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X