• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ set aside but still showing on a bank credit check

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ set aside but still showing on a bank credit check

Hi everyone, I hope somebody is able to offer some advice or experience in this situation.....

I applied for a mortgage in August 2013 to discover I had a CCJ on my file that had been there for 6 months!

To cut to the chase, it was issued by HMRC but to an incorrect address, so I had no knowledge of the court proceedings. Of Course, when I did discover the CCJ, it was resolved by my applying to the court to have it set aside. It was for a debt going back to 2007 which had been paid in full at the time, but HMRC had allocated the payment to my self-assessment account INSTEAD of the account it was meant for.

Very quick 2 minute court hearing, Judge immediately ruled to set aside on the grounds that the debt never existed as HMRC had the money all along.

Certificate has been received from court, and I have checked with Registry Trust Ltd, who have confirmed that this should have been deleted from all three credit agencies as of 19 December 2013.

HOWEVER, I have re-applied for the mortgage and been told by my broker that it has been declined again, on the basis that, even though CCJ has been set aside and it should no longer be showing on my file.... all banks/mortgage providers will still be able to SEE that footprint for the next 6 years. Apparently their checks are far more in-depth than a standard credit search, and it will never be removed.

The fact that the CCJ was issued in error (and HMRC will be writing me a letter to confirm this), and it has been set aside, bears no weight. Lenders will always view it very dimly. My broker has told me that it will blight me for the next 6 years!!

Surely this is not legal? there must be some law or act against this?? Please HELP......

Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ set aside but still showing on a bank credit check

Is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by Bbang View Post
      Is this true?
      No. It's not. The broker here is talking a load of bo**ux.

A CCJ can take 4-6 weeks to come off your credit report after a set aside in some cases, which is probably what happened here. Especially taking into account Xmas period.

Comment

Have you actually checked your credit files and the CCJ is still showing? If so, you should get it removed from those CRAs that are still showing it, bearing in mind the three agencies may show different data. If the CCJ was set aside and removed from the record it shouldn't appear on the CRA files either.

Having said that, the mortgage broker in question has already been made aware of the existence of the CCJ and may be reluctant to get you a mortgage even if the CCJ no longer shows, :ohwell: they are under no obligation to consider your application even if your explanations are well founded so you may have to look elsewhere, but first make sure all three credit records are clean. :thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
        No. It's not. The broker here is talking a load of bo**ux.

A CCJ can take 4-6 weeks to come off your credit report after a set aside in some cases, which is probably what happened here. Especially taking into account Xmas period.
        It's been two years though, couldn't it just be that the broker is reluctant to consider the OP's application simply because they've seen the CCJ? :confused2:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          It's been two years though, couldn't it just be that the broker is reluctant to consider the OP's application simply because they've seen the CCJ? :confused2:
          No it wasn't. Look at the OP's post. It's not the same person as Bbang.

OP's set aside Dec 19th 2013.

OP's 2nd mortgage app no later than 14th Jan 2014.

Less than a month in between.

I blame the dog avatars.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
            No it wasn't. Look at the OP's post. It's not the same person as Bbang.

OP's set aside Dec 19th 2013.

OP's 2nd mortgage app no later that 14th Jan 2014.

Less than a month in between.

I blame the dog avatars.....
            I agree, it gets rather confusing when all dogs look exactly the same! :ohwell:

Comment

Maybe there could be a random handing out of new user avatars? i.e. so not everyone gets the grumpy Beagle?

Comment

Or everyone could go back to having ....
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X