• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitor letters for UAE debts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitor letters for UAE debts

Hi All, I have received a letter from the UK solicitor J&P.
    It is regarding credit card from Dubai. I left Dubai in 2014 but trying to repay the amount 2 more years from 2016.
    However, it was impossible to repay after leaving GCC countries.
    J&P gave me the 30 days to reply. I don't know what to do. I checked similar situations from a few websites but answers are all different.
    Whether I should reply their letter or not.
    I have no assets and no incomes. Also I have health problems so out of UK now to stay with my parents.

Kindly advise me.

Thanks,
    Tags: None

out of uk?

Comment

Yes. I am not in UK at the moment.
      My son received a letter which is shame on myself.

Comment

I have checked letters and it seems " Letter of Claim".
        Which should not be ignored......I don't know exactly what I should do because given 30 days of periods finish by next week.

Comment

echat11

Comment

You want me to check other posts as well right?

Comment

requested they pop in here

Comment

Thank you MIKE770,
                I just got painful comments from other website that mentioned of the Extradition treaty law. I feel like I've become trash.I just couldn't do anything, so I wanted to get help.

I am out of UK to get my health better so I can live.
                But it seems like I am avoiding it on purpose...
                Very depressing.

Comment

You have no assets in the UK, you know live abroad with your parents, you have ill health.

The card was taken out in Dubai, they've instructed a UK solicitors to in effect start legal proceedings.

a) If they initiated proceedings in the UK, you defend the Claim, they win their case, a Court would only ask you to pay what you could afford, so if it was £1 a month, so be it (you would have to fill in a income and expenditure form).

(you could send DP an income and expenditure form.

b) If they initiated proceedings, you do nothing, they get a judgement against you (CCJ), you have no assets, so they can't do much with the CCJ. It means you will find it hard to get credit in the future.

c) You could write to them, state that you have health conditions, have no assets and under the circumstances can they write off the debt.
                  Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/cy...debt---letter/

d) If you could raise some money, for example 10%, you could seek to settle the matter, see if they will except it. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://nationaldebtline.org/sample-...tlement-offer/

https://nationaldebtline.org/fact-sh...ent-offers-ew/

Don't make yourself ill over it, he's more info.

https://detained-in-dubai.prowly.com...or-dubai-debts

Comment

Which country are you living in now?
                    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

I've added more info to post 9.

Comment

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to share detailed and useful information.

a) It is difficult to proceed because I am in a foreign country now.

b) I am not confident because the process is complicated and it will give difficulties to entire families.

c) It seems like the best way for me, but in my experience and many experienced people's stories with UAE debts I don't think it's going to ever agree or end up at the right level.

d) There's already more interest than the principal amount and I can't afford to pay 10%.

I also thought about filing for bankruptcy. Because many people are still have disadvantage even after the agreement. Unless the entire amount is paid at once it will still stay in the system of Dubai.

It's hard for me to deal with people and long arguments due to panic disorder.

If I try with c) I am afraid I have to send them by email because I am out of UK.(in Asian country)

Solicitors doing their job and I deserve this situation maybe.

Will draft a letter to solicitor and share with you all.

Can't thank enough~

Comment

Your health is more important, it's not like the Dubai bank will go under.

You can use a temporary email, don't use your normal email address, you don't want them bombarding you will emails.

*If I try with c) I am afraid I have to send them by email because I am out of UK.(in Asian country)*

Comment

Thank you so much ECHAT11 and each of you here.

I was hopeless to pray all night and I got here to receive supports much more than what I deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Capstone View Post
                              Thank you so much ECHAT11 and each of you here.

I was hopeless to pray all night and I got here to receive supports much more than what I deserve.
                              Update us with progress.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X