• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group 23k debt IS enforceable, what to do next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
    I hope your doing better.

I would tell them there is a an ongoing 'cost of living' crisis, i.e. food, energy etc, things has caught up with you.

You request that they right the debt off, include medical evidence, bank statements, income and expenditure etc.

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/

Give them your personal circumstances. etc. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/te.../edit/?button=

Update when you get a response.

What about the fact that I already tried to make them an offer? They might now be more persistent thinking my family will pay up if they insist and thus decline for the debt to be written off?

Comment

Originally posted by Archetype View Post

What about the fact that I already tried to make them an offer? They might now be more persistent thinking my family will pay up if they insist and thus decline for the debt to be written off?
      Explain that you can only ask them for help, but they are also now experiencing the 'cost of living' crisis.

Comment

I hope your doing better.

I would tell them there is a an ongoing 'cost of living' crisis, i.e. food, energy etc, things has caught up with you.

You request that they right the debt off, include medical evidence, bank statements, income and expenditure etc.

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/

Give them your personal circumstances. etc. Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/te.../edit/?button=

Update when you get a response.

Hey,

After negotiations I ended up getting a 91% discount from them so I settled the account today for £2000. Looking back I realize I may have been able to write this debt off or pay even less but all things considered, I owed 23k and I paid 2k. It is still not too bad for an enforceable debt. Perhaps I should have begun with a "writing the debt off" strategy rather than "get a big discount" but never you mind. I am happy to finally get rid of this debt. I still have a few more debts from back then but none of them are enforceable or as big.

Comment

Originally posted by Archetype View Post

Hey,

After negotiations I ended up getting a 91% discount from them so I settled the account today for £2000. Looking back I realize I may have been able to write this debt off or pay even less but all things considered, I owed 23k and I paid 2k. It is still not too bad for an enforceable debt. Perhaps I should have begun with a "writing the debt off" strategy rather than "get a big discount" but never you mind. I am happy to finally get rid of this debt. I still have a few more debts from back then but none of them are enforceable or as big.
          Well done, it's a 'great result', It gives you 'peace of mind'.

Make sure you've got a letter to say it's 'settled', there are no 'loose ends'.

Comment

Well done, it's a 'great result', It gives you 'peace of mind'.

Make sure you've got a letter to say it's 'settled', there are no 'loose ends'.
            Thanks.

I had them first send me an email with their offer so that I have it in writing and they said upon payment I will also get a letter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X