• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Asset collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset collection

Today I received a letter from asset collection saying I owe £2200 from an old my jar debt. What should be my first port if call? I have not had heard anything from my jar since 2018 when I failed to pay the loan due to job loss.
    thanks for your help in advance
    Tags: None

It's not statute barred, you could wait until they send you a Letter Before Action (they are considering filing a Court Claim).
    If you want to be pro-active, send them a CCA request, see what they send back.

Comment

Are they the type of DCA that take court action as a lot of them say things but don't necessarily take action.

Comment

Originally posted by bri1972 View Post
        Are they the type of DCA that take court action as a lot of them say things but don't necessarily take action.
        MIKE770

Comment

CCA Request send with £1 postal order get proof (Free) posting and keep copy on file. as far as to taking court action no one word covers as every case different. only time will tell!
          when did you get loan year? last payment, where do you live? default date on credit file?

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
            CCA Request send with £1 postal order get proof (Free) posting and keep copy on file. as far as to taking court action no one word covers as every case different. only time will tell!
            when did you get loan year? last payment, where do you live? default date on credit file?
            Mike, OP wanting info about Asset Collection, do they carry out their threats to litigate? I dealt with them a long time ago, from memory they don't do much.

Comment

Have people state in the past ,not taken court a many times they tend to be 3rd party, BUT I understand that in rare cases they start proceedings? other than that nothing else known by me.

last time I heard about this company was Peach loan if I remember correctly? but the OP never got back to give any updates? so not one of the main players I would think?

pt2537 may have better insight on this company?
              ​​​​​​
              Last edited by MIKE770; 2nd April 2022, 20:33:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                Have people state in the past ,not taken court a many times they tend to be 3rd party, BUT I understand that in rare cases they start proceedings? other than that nothing else known by me.

last time I heard about this company was Peach loan if I remember correctly? but the OP never got back to give any updates? so not one of the main players I would think?

pt2537 may have better insight on this company?
                ​​​​​​
                Thanks Mike.

Comment

Thanks everyone I will sit tight for the moment and see if anything else happens and report back here if they do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X