• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Offer from Creditor 50% discount on debt but ‘partially satisfied’ on file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amethyst I'd have to go through my credit history again and find out exactly when I started making the payments to ruthbridge , I'm sure it won't have been for long as they kept pushing for more and I told them I ain't paying I can't afford to keep upping payments, then it was taken over by at least 2 more companies then intrum

Comment

Duxucuxin
      Fif8g8e
      Ficicic8fucucici
      Cucicicici

10th November 2019

Intrum UK limited
      PO Box 278
      Reigate
      RH2 7WB

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number

Please treat this letter as a formal request for you to supply a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as is my entitlement under sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I require you to provide me with a true copy, or reconstituted copy of the credit agreement relating to any account you deem to be mine, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Also could you please tell me when and how long I was making payments to the company called ruthbridge who are the only people I can see me making payments to in 2014

Yours faithfully,

Cjcivivici

Comment

Amethyst I've asked at bottom to provide when I paid ruthbridge and payment history is that Ok or should I remove that?

Comment

I'd put it in a separate request tbh

actually - send a SAR to ruthbridge see what they have - it should bring up transaction lists
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst ill send those off

Comment

Subject Access Request Letter

Comment

Thanks MIKE770

Comment

Yes the letter says November to pay the balance. I’ll continue with the debt management plan as I don’t have the cash to pay the balance. So does the default fall off my credit file after 6 years?

Comment

If a debt defaults then it should be removed from your credit file after 6 years.

Intrum are saying this defaulted on 31st October 2004. It should have fallen off your credit file 1st November 2010.

If you made no payments during that period, then it would also have been statute barred before you started making payments to Ruthbridge in 2012, which also means it is statute barred now, regardless of Intrums assertion about November 2014 being the last payment date.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst ill have to send a SAR off to ruthbridge as I'm not sure when I started the payments but I'm sure it wasn't for more than 2 year as they kept pushing for more and I just stopped paying alltogether

Comment

Hi again,

Any ideas what to send back to this?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I don't have anything from the original creditor

Comment

Amethyst MIKE770

Comment

Sorry to bump this post by the way I have no idea how to start my own

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X