• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Alleged Debt & purchasing new car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alleged Debt & purchasing new car

Hi there

I'm planning to purchase a car due to my growing family, and I'm looking for some advice on the best way to go about it. I have some alleged debt issues, and I'm concerned that if any debt collection agencies turn up at my property they could seize the car.

How likely is this? If it could happen, what is likely to happen prior to this happening, such as opportunities to discuss/negotiate etc?

I'm considering purchasing a car with some finance to prevent this from happening but I don't really know what the likelihood is or where I would stand with it.

TIA
    Tags: None

***Bump***

Comment

Alleged debt issues? What kind of debts and why alleged ?

The only way your car could be seized would be either by the car finance company if you have paid less than a third ( as they own the car ), or if a debt has gone to a County Court Judgment and a Warrant of Control been obtained, and no arrangement has been paid as to payment. Debt Collection Agents have no powers to seize a vehicle ( or anything ), only registered Enforcement Agents do.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X