• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is default notice illegal??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is default notice illegal??

Hi there I wonder if anyone can help.
    my wife has an outstanding account with Very (shop direct) now she has always made payments every month but not to the full amount.
    she is now on merternity pay (baby due any day now) and she has received a letter from them stating it's a DEFAULT NOTICE.
    She has called them and explained her income and what she can afford and they rejected her offer of repayment and said that it will now go to a collection agency (not a problem)

But after reading the Default notice it seems to be incorrect and no where on the notice does it state what would happen if the debt is not paid.
    Now after reading the FCA Default guidelines it clearly states it should state what would happen if not paid.
    Tags: None

Forgot to add. When I told them of the missing information on the notice he stated it doesnt matter we do not have to put what could happy and its above board.

I went to to explain what the FCA state and again he said doesnt matter and the FCS are incorrect

Comment

This is the legislation - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1983/1561/made
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst so by ready what you have posted it seems that have missed this bit out. So does there stand as legal ?

I'm tempted to contact the FCA and report this matter to them to see what can be done.

It's as if they are using this to scare people and get away with it

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X