• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed

Hi I’m hoping someone can advise. My story is quite long so I will try to condense it. Back in 2015 I was made bankrupt for a debt of £2000, I was going through some intense personal problems and basically went into meltdown. The bankruptcy was taken on by trustees and £2000 soon turned into £70,000 i was being threatened with repossession of my home. I was so desperate I came across a company that said they could clear all my debts and keep my home. They stated this in the summer of last year 2018 A Payment of £70,000 was paid to the trustees. I then had my bankruptcy cancelled/Annulled this was done with the help of an insolvency practitioner. The finance company however has still failed to secure funding even though I have paid them nearly £4000 each time they state that I need another valuation on my property, I have so far had around 5 valuations on my property in a year. I have never seen a valuation report, i have been led to believe that every thing is near completion, and then they inform me that they are going with a new lender, this is continuous. I tried to come away from the company and find another way of raising the money ( remortgage) but they send intimidating emails, threatening repossession. I have also discovered they are not registered with the FCA, I have also discovered they have put a charge on my property. I have now found a company that is registered & transparent. Even up until today the other company are asking yet again for another £650+Vat for yet another valuation and also for £500 upfront admin fee. I have now requested from them a full breakdown of charges that they say are due to them, as I don’t have a clue how much it is, as of yet they are still to produce them. I also asked who paid the £70,000 I have been given 2 different answers. I’m not disputing I owe the £70,000 which I am working on raising the funds to pay. But I feel I have totally been duped with regards to the payments I have paid this company in over a year with no results and I was very vulnerable at the time. I just can’t believe I let myself get involved. in this. I’m just wondering if anyone has any ideas what to do next?
    Tags: None

Goodness this sounds absolutely appalling.

What was the original debt and how did it result with bankruptcy petition ?

Can you name this company? Do they have a charge against your property ?

£4000 for a valuation is absolutely crazy, and why on earth would they need 5 in the space of a year.

Think you need to be gathering all the info you have with a view to making a formal complaint.

Do you have a copy of the agreement you signed with them ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The original debt was for an old council tax, but I was in such a state that I let things slide and the next thing I was made bankrupt.

Im not sure about naming the company publicly, I have recently found out the company is not registered with the FCA.

i have also recently found out they have a charge against my property.

Every time they told me that they had secured finance, and was near completion, I would then receive a message from them stating that the finance hadn’t gone through and they had found another and each time they done this they insisted on a valuation, which has happened on 5 separate occasions over the last year and me having to payout nearly £4000. I have never seen a copy of any of the valuations or receipts for the money paid.

The final straw came a couple of weeks ago when once again they said they had secured finance and I needed to pay yet another valuation fee plus a further £500 upfront for admin.

I cant believe I have let this go on for so long, but I felt so intimidated by them, I have previously received emails at midnight from them threatening to start possession proceedings.

i don’t ever remember signing anything with them direct.

yesterday and today I have requested from them a full breakdown of fees that they say are owing to them, as I don’t have a clue what they are. They have ignored both requests.
      instead today they have sent an email stating they will be recovering back their fees by way of legal route exercising their restriction on the property through their litigation team at 9am tomorrow morning.
      I do not even know what their fees and charges are as they are ignoring my requests.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X