• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

problems with an old loan debt with 2 ccjs against it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with an old loan debt with 2 ccjs against it

I took out a loan in 2006 with hfc, started struggling financially in 2007 and had my home repossessed, and stopped payments on the lone in sep 2007, the first ccj I got from Restons solicitors who took on the debt from HFC, they attached an attachment of earnings(when I asked my employer why money was being taken from my account they never gave me any reason for it, ) to the ccj which started payments from sep 08 until sept 09, which then stopped as lost my job in august of 09, Restons closed the file in November 09 and passed it back to HFC/HSBC who then sold on the debt to Lowells Portfolio in November 2013, who subsequently got a ccj in 2014 for the same debt, now I finally received some paperwork after the ccj had been issued so agreed to pay back the 50 pounds a month requested via court(I had not received any paperwork previous to this as it was being sent to the house that had been repossessed, and also a house I had vacated 2 years previous so I had no prior knowledge to any of this going on), it was only recently as I was claiming back ppi that I started noticing all these letters going to addresses I didnt live at that I started questioning what was going on, and looking deeper into it, now I am wondering what I am able to do with regards to this,

thank you for any assistance you can give me
    Tags: None

To have an attachment of earnings there must have been a CCJ back in 2008 - which will have now fallen off the register as over 6 years old. Are you saying that Lowell's Obtained a second CCJ against you in 201 for the same debt? What paperwork have you now received? And do you have any evidence of the original attachment of earnings via your employer?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Lowells have obtained a 2nd ccj in 2014, but I had no record of it until it had been issued, and I knew nothing of the original ccj until this morning as I have been trying to get sars from all relevant parties, I have nothing from my employer regarding the attachment of earnings, I just noticed money going out on my wage slips and told my supervisor who said he would sort it, but nothing happened on that front and I thought it was a government debt I was paying off as I had an overpayment of tax credits and assumed it was this

Comment

the first ccj was taken out in march 08, I think the lowells ccj was june 2014, but could have been as early as april

Comment

So you now have paperwork showing that the debt did go to judgment in 2008?

When did you find out about the 2014 judgment ? When did you start paying £50 - and was that what the 2014 judgment was for or did you apply for redetermination? ((( edit:
          Right sorry, you didn't know of the original judgment until recently ( sar responses ?) , and Have known about the 2014 one for a while ? ( same q on the £50 payments tho )
          )

Do you have both claim numbers ?

It needs you to apply to set it aside and struck out - due to it being the same cause of action.

First job will be to write to Lowell ( are they registered as judgment holder on trust online / credit file ) and ask them to consent to set aside and strike.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

My first 50 pound payment was in jan 2015,the same time I found out about the ccj, the court claim started in july 2014 until jan 2015 when judgement was passed, I've got case numbers to both ccjs, I have spoken to lowells multiple times but they say they don't know what they can do regarding it as they were waiting to contact someone from another department, but my account is currently on hold until I receive the sars data

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X