• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Self-Storage Payment Arrears, Goods Seizure, and Demands Years Later.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I'm back

Had a few duff days, to be fair; this situation isn't too helpful to my well-being.

The situation escalated massively, it appears. Here is a new letter, and they've added a couple of thousand pounds to it.

Also, I have uploaded a simple response for your inspection, Amethyst and des8 . I thought keeping it simple would be good (maybe too simple), though I'd love to suggest they invest in staff for their research dept. and/or tell them to buzz-off. Obviously I haven't sent this yet.

I thought I wouldn't request any more details, so they don't think they've hooked me (coz they haven't!).

Sincerely,

Jim xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Attached Files

Comment

Ok - I'd wait and see what Ms Jackson comes back with after receipt of your letter as that response was sent before you wrote to them.

There aren't any debt collection costs either - far as I can see Jackson's work on a no win no fee basis.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

In the long term I don't think it matters what you write to them, or if you bother to write at all.

If you ignore them, they will doubtlessly write more threatening letters, and then come over all legal and initiate court proceedings at which point you tell them to check companies house for the statius of the company.
        Or you write and tell them now, and doubtlessly they will change their tune and start on you as opposed to the company, and then you will have to go through the rigmarole of defending as an individual
        or you write now asking for copy contract etc which if produced might assist if they try and sue you as an individual.
        I personally wouldn't tell them at this stage that the company has been wound up.
        Any half decent debt collector would have checked that already.

But it probably doesn't matter what you write at this stage as they will most likely continue trying to frighten you into submission!

Comment

True. I thought that letter had already been sent, but as it hasn't it's probably best ignored as Des says
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I started replying yesterday, got a bit stumped and now have been sat by my computer for two hours trying to get my head in the right space. So this will look a bit staggered...

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            In the long term I don't think it matters what you write to them, or if you bother to write at all.

If you ignore them, they will doubtlessly write more threatening letters, and then come over all legal and initiate court proceedings at which point you tell them to check companies house for the statius of the company.
            May this be the best way to proceed? So there are recorded legal movements against the former company before I make clear my individual status.

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            I personally wouldn't tell them at this stage that the company has been wound up.
            I had been thinking that was my ace.

I have amended the letter that I haven't sent yet, so it's totally different! If this was a dissertation, I would have been expelled for plagiarism.

Hey Amethyst, I've just seen your post that say it may be best for me to ignore this. If I ignore the demands, what would be my best course of action? And what might they do next?

Below; I just copied the new text into this reply instead. BTW, happy to PM you both with the uncensored details.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ms Jackson,

With reference to your letters dated 6 March,19 March and 26 March 2018, regarding XXXXX XXXXXXXXX Distribution Limited.

To allow me to build an understanding of the situation, I would require you provide the following;

A copy of the original contract and terms of storage.

Details and evidence of costs incurred by your client to dispose of goods.

Evidence of disposal, any proceeds of sales received, including dates.

Regards,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X