• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey solictors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi i went with Abbey solicitors, back in 2016 payed them 3000 pound, they confirmed after 10mths that only 1 debt was payable which i paid of, was told that the other creditors did not hold all the correct forms to make me pay any money back, until yesterday i got a letter from Abbey stating that a debt is now enforceable, its a MBA credit card. they have attached a agreement back from 2016 with no signature of mine on. I have rang Abbey but they do not do thi service anymore, can a agreement with no signature on be enforceable, please help

Comment

Hi Meg xx Sorry to hear that this has come back again.

This was a MBNA credit card? How much approx is the outstanding debt?

Was the debt on it previously part of the Compass plan? ( so stopped being paid latest 2016, possibly earlier depending whether Compass actually paid them or not - just thinking on a statute barring/limitations front)

Abbey sent a CCA request in 2016 and they have just received a reply with the documents.

Have Abbey sent you a copy of the letter they received accompanying the copy agreement or just sent you the agreement? ( you can send me a pic of what they sent you if it's easier - admin@legalbeagles.info ) - When was the agreement entered in to? and who currently owns the debt?

Most stuff should have fallen off your credit file, regardless of anything Abbey did, as the debts defaulted before/during your Compass plan, and only stay on your credit file for 6 years from the default date.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Hi Meg xx Sorry to hear that this has come back again.

This was a MBNA credit card? How much approx is the outstanding debt?

Was the debt on it previously part of the Compass plan? ( so stopped being paid latest 2016, possibly earlier depending whether Compass actually paid them or not - just thinking on a statute barring/limitations front)

Abbey sent a CCA request in 2016 and they have just received a reply with the documents.

Have Abbey sent you a copy of the letter they received accompanying the copy agreement or just sent you the agreement? ( you can send me a pic of what they sent you if it's easier - admin@legalbeagles.info ) - When was the agreement entered in to? and who currently owns the debt?

Most stuff should have fallen off your credit file, regardless of anything Abbey did, as the debts defaulted before/during your Compass plan, and only stay on your credit file for 6 years from the default date.

Hi Amethyst it is 3900 to pay, yes not paid anything since Compass end 2015, i can send the documents tomorrow that Abbey sent me, its is now with Link and as gone of my credit file now. Can it go back on my file or can Link do CCJ on me, was taken out in 2007

Comment

For ref: Update on this thread *https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...bbey-solictors
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Thank You Amethyst for all you help

Comment

Originally posted by meg123.. View Post

Hi Amethyst it is 3900 to pay, yes not paid anything since Compass end 2015, i can send the documents tomorrow that Abbey sent me, its is now with Link and as gone of my credit file now. Can it go back on my file or can Link do CCJ on me, was taken out in 2007
              Did you send those docs over ( just as I can't see anything ) ... ok ignore me I'm getting confused in my old age - teach me to reply by email ( I'll update thread later now I know what I'm talking about lol )
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X