• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compass debt company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compass debt company

Originally posted by Compass View Post
    you won't get a single ex employee to comment as all were made to sign an air tight non disclosure agreement with Compass.
    I believe these non disclosure clauses, whether compensation settlements or its like are contrary to the Equality Act. If the information is public knowledge anyway the non disclosure is likely to be ineffective, ie will not stand up in court. In this situation therefore, it could be a criminal offence of harassment, ie if the lawyers rely on such clauses when they have either constructive knowledge (enough information that they ought to be aware) or actual knowledge of the knowledge being made public knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingco View Post
      That would be worth its weight in tin. But she better be quick!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

They were operating under variations of the name RMR, I believe - at least, that was what was on our bank statements. Wingco
      Yes they were operating under said name, RMR. You can look up the company's details at Company House if you haven't already.

Comment

Yup, already done it - funnily enough, I looked them up very early on in the DMP as I didn't recognise the RMR name on my bank statements. But it all looked genuine. Perhaps, in hindsight I should have looked further, although I 'm not sure RMR has been in trouble prior to this?

Comment

Thanks Enaid - that will do it. Wingco

Comment

I have now received a demand by Link for an MBNA account (I allegedly had 2) demanding FULL settlement as there was a missed payment around 13th Feb by Compass. As soon as I learned about Compass, I paid £10.34 (previously they were getting £2 from Compass), and they were paid another £10 on 01.04.16 by SO. I'm sending them the 2nd CCA letter (for when a company fails to respond in time or fails to provide the requested information). No doubt a second full settlement demand letter will arrive tomorrow for the other account with Link.
            I've told Link that they cannot demand full settlement whilst the CCA remains unanswered correctly.
            Their letter made no reference to the CCA. I have also requested the Assignment and Default Notices.
            I strongly suspect that Link have none of the required paperwork and I wonder if MBNA has kept records, having sold it on at least once.
            I have left copies of the Templates with my office staff (wife) to reply to any further DCA letters whilst I'm away for 2 weeks.
            Wingco

Comment

Sounds like you have things under control. How much is the total outstanding debt with Link as per their demand - and does that match up with the last statement you were sent by Compass ?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Sounds like you have things under control. How much is the total outstanding debt with Link as per their demand - and does that match up with the last statement you were sent by Compass ?
                Hi Amethyst
                The one received today is for £1,161 but compass didn't send balance statements. They were paying just £2 per month. The Link accusation of a 'missed payment' 24 days perhaps?, followed by a payment of £10.34 (34p to round it down to a round number of pounds), and then a further payment of £10 by SO on 01.04.16, is really a bit rich. Am I right in saying they can't demand full settlement whilst they have failed to respond correctly to my CCA? It looks very much like they can't prove the loan - it goes back, I believe to a very old Abbey National CC, from around 1975.
                The other Link alleged debt is around £15,000 from a MBNA CC.
                Wingco
                Last edited by Wingco; 4th April 2016, 18:36:PM. Reason: I put Deb instead of Debt - reminds me of my youth.

Comment

Although there's a considerable amount of discussion about Compass going under and the huge fallout it's causing. Are they in breach of contract for not forwarding (in anyway whatsoever) after my last payment in February to them and not taking anything during March? The reason I ask is that I've stopped my standing order from bank-does this make me in breach of contract or does Compasses going down etc make it breach contact first?

Comment

Originally posted by Hakster View Post
                    Are they in breach of contract for not forwarding (in anyway whatsoever) after my last payment in February to them and not taking anything during March?
                    I'm not quite sure what you're saying. Can you explain?

Comment

Try to get my head round all this as only found out on Saturday when the letter from the FCA turned up. Unfortunately was fooled in to signing with Abbey and trying to work out where I go from here. Got a feeling it's going to cost me my relationship.

Comment

Today I stopped my standing order with bank for compass even though I've had nothing in writing from them. They (compass) took my monthly instalment but distributed none of it to my creditors and my monthly payment in March was returned (this was when I started to figure out something was wrong-although everything I've found out so far had been internet based). Who has breached the contract on this Compass or me?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldragon View Post
                          Try to get my head round all this as only found out on Saturday when the letter from the FCA turned up. Unfortunately was fooled in to signing with Abbey and trying to work out where I go from here. Got a feeling it's going to cost me my relationship.
                          Hiya, sorry to hear this.

The first thing you should do is complete and send off the administrators claim form http://lbcompare.co.uk/wp-content/up..._Creditors.pdf

Can you tell us a bit about you current debts ie who & how much you owe? We don't think that paying Abbey anything is a good idea.

Comment

Although there's a considerable amount of discussion about Compass going under and the huge fallout it's causing. Are they in breach of contract for not forwarding (in anyway whatsoever) after my last payment in February to them and not taking anything during March? The reason I ask is that I've stopped my standing order from bank-does this make me in breach of contract or does Compasses going down etc make it breach contact first?
                            I have wondered if this is why I was told to stop paying in Nov/Dec, only after I thought it odd not to get it in writing, and I do wonder if it could be argued I stopped paying and so relinquished any monies owed.

I suppose there is an irony that we were relying on these guys to negotiate a much reduced payout and then cornered us into the same.

These guys are bigger thieves than my car insurers!

Comment

Today I stopped my standing order with bank for compass even though I've had nothing in writing from them. They (compass) took my monthly instalment but distributed none of it to my creditors and my monthly payment in March was returned (this was when I started to figure out something was wrong-although everything I've found out so far had been internet based). Who has breached the contract on this Compass or me?
                              Ok stopping your standing order to Compass was the right thing to do. Any payments you made to Compass for the purposes of distributing to your creditors and weren't, Compass are in breach. I would say that from the point that you knew Compass were no longer paying your creditors, you assume liability for paying them.

Comment

Our situation is the same goldragon.....and I am setting up a plan with StepChange and have sent a registered letter today to Abbey to cancel - who knows if I will get my 2 instalments back but have to try. Next thing is to send claim off to creditors...there is a link on this forum....
                                I feel so guilty and so stupid and my other half, says hge does not blame me, but his actions seem to be proving otherwise

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X