• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N1 claim form served AGAIN - Bryan Carter - SORTED AGAIN !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: N1 served

i offered him 195 in my original letter if he'd discontinue. And i know I don't have the full amount but if we could agree to an F & F in instalments that would be good. Could have sorted all this out ages ago, if only I'd realised that I coulld pay an F and F in instalments. Stupid me thought that f and f's had to be paid in full in one go. DOH!
    Is no longer here

Comment

Right - letter was sent and should have arrived Monday - so we'll give him till Friday to reply - then work on the defence which has to be in by next Friday.

What are the main points of the defence ?

Abuse of process really?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I think so.

Am willing to pay the 195, should I put this in the defence or not? Or mention the total amount of 586?

Or just go for getting it chucked out as an abuse of process full stop?

Am just worried that if I mention the whole amount, Mr Judge might say "find for Mr Carter. pay him 586". And then I'll be really stuffed. Cos if it came to it, i could find a couple of hundred but not 600.

Could offer to pay in instalments but if there is a CCJ instalments wouldn't be any good cos if its over 28 days the CCj would stand wouldn't it?

What I really want Bryan to do is discontinue and accept instalments. Or just fade away into the distance....
        Is no longer here

Comment

As for the defence, here's one from a previous Mr C action which should prove very useful.

Yes I know it's a CCA action, but that can easily be changed.
          Now the whole thrust of the defence should be split claim, ignoring you attempts at settlement and CPR letter, and general abuse of process

Comment

That looks good to me, not sure how I would amend it from CCA to this case though. but thats because I'm thick lol. The only thing they have ever supplied is a copy of the bill from Powergen. and the claim is bought by Bryan Carter solicitors, not by Fred International. Does this make a difference. I would have thought it would be Fred who should have raised the claim, with BC acting as their solicitors? Or am I being even more thick?
            Last edited by WendyB; 26th June 2008, 10:40:AM. Reason: grammar and capital letters!
            Is no longer here

Comment

Na, you're just thinking too much

Don't worry as that's just some ideas to be going on with.
              I'll assist with this as I really like Mr C

Comment

Thats a nice defence Curly.

What happened with that case?

just for me
                Abuse of Process
                3) It is also noted that the claimant is trying to conduct this claim contrary to s35 County Courts Act 1984 as I note the claimant has split one cause of action into two or more separate claims. This is unlawful as laid out in section 35 of the Act and it is requested that the court strike out this case as a clear abuse of the process.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

He ran off

Comment

fantabulous
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks a million CB and Ame, your assistnce is much appreciated. I'm feeling more confident now. Does Mr C run very fast, or is it more of a pathetic sidle back under his stone?
                      Is no longer here

Comment

Just been home and checked the post. Absolutely zilch from Bryan. Have checked Royal mail online and its saying that they have no info for my item, items are only tracked after they have been delivered. Should I fax to Bryan. Or not?
                        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                        Only thing that worries me about faxing is that my works number and id would come up on the fax- don't want them tracking me down and phoning me here!
                        Last edited by WendyB; 27th June 2008, 15:28:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        Is no longer here

Comment

Don't fax them...just wait they will have had your letter - next week we'll work on the defence and send him a nice copy don't worry - this won't be getting rubber stamped any where.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Still no reply from Bryan and his henchmen. I really need to get this defence sorted now, it has to be there by Friday latest. Boss is in all day though so God knows when I'm going to do it.
                            Is no longer here

Comment

Don't panic as his ignoring your request for information under CPR, coupled with the split claim is all good for us.

Comment

Wends do you want to have a go at this defence yourself or you want me (or Curly hint hint lol) to do a draft for you to amend?
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X