• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wescot/Lloyds credit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wescot/Lloyds credit card

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
    thanks FP
    So should I provide the info as Nemesis has suggested or just wing it and see what happens
    No harm in providing information, that way if they still fail to locate anything it cannot be said that it was because you refused to comply with their request, you can then safely argue THEY are in default.

Comment

Thanks FP
      Will do

Comment

UPDATE
        Hi all
        Got my reply back from LLoyds all they sent was signed statement of account ,recon version of current terms and conditions, recon version of original executed agreement
        does this now mean they cant ever take me to court because there are no orignals .
        It does say at the bottom may we remind you that failure to make a payment under this agreement will result in collection activities and any default may also be reported to credit reference agencies no mention of court action

Comment

UPDATE
          Hi all
          Got my reply back from LLoyds all they sent was signed statement of account ,recon version of current terms and conditions, recon version of original executed agreement
          does this now mean they cant ever take me to court because there are no orignals .
          Hi winner
          As per Carey -v- HSBC they are allowed to send a recon to satisfy a CCA request but the recon has to be honest and accurate. The T&Cs have to be the ones that apply to your account and that's where many recons fall down, they just provide a random set of T&Cs to fob you off. Does it have your name and address as it was when you took out the card?

It does say at the bottom may we remind you that failure to make a payment under this agreement will result in collection activities and any default may also be reported to credit reference agencies no mention of court action
          That's just their usual bumpf! :blah: :blah: :blah:

I got lots of letters from the wetclothes back in 2010 or may have been 2011 when they were chasing an old RBS card where RBS also did a poor attempt at a recon. The account was passed round a few DCAs but there's been total silence since Jan 2012! :tape2: :tape:

Comment

Hi FP
            Thanks for your quick reply all the recons have my address i live at now and not the one I was at when I took out the card
            I also wanted to ask if it keeps being chased do I ignore the DCA or write to them saying its in dispute
            Last edited by winner12; 24th September 2015, 13:22:PM.

Comment

Hi FP
              Thanks for your quick reply all the recons have my address i live at now and not the one I was at when I took out the card
              Uhmmm... I can smell a fat rat... They're probably just random terms that do not relate to your account as such.
              I also wanted to ask if it keeps being chased do I ignore the DCA or write to them saying its in dispute
              Definitely write to them saying it's in dispute, I did and they flew off never to be seen again!

Do post up if you hear anything from the wetclothes or anyone else. :typing:

Comment

Just wanted to say a big thanks FP and Nemesis for helping me on this one I was paying Lloyds on a monthly basis they passed me to Wescot which got me thinking and a CCA request later they seem to have shot themselves in the foot
                I was threatened with all sorts of tricks when I first defaulted in 2009 took me nearly 9 months of sleepless nights to get them to agree to a payment plan I even got bogus solicitors letters from LLoyds glad they were slapped for that one too and here I am in 2015 sleeping more soundly and not panicking just puzzled by some tactics still in play by Banks and DCA .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X