• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Any heard of this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any heard of this?

Hi

I recieved a cheque delivered to my old address claiming to be from Capita Employee Benefits on behalf of Bank of Scotland Customer Service, for the sum of 25 pounds. It claims to be reimbursement for a charge the bank made in 2009 when they arranged the 'transfer of my debt' to 'J & J Collections, never heard of them bt the way. Stinks like a fish behind a warm radiator to be honest as the letter says the cheque is for 50. They also inform me that 'they have contacted Compello Group' who have informed us of the status of the account'. Has anyone else recieved one of these fishing letters.

well dodgy

Dosh
    Tags: None

Like this http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...947#post549947

Possibly its is because J&J were actually 'fake' in house collection dept pretending to be solicitors/external debt collection agency and the banks have been told off for charging for ''passing over'' the accounts.

Also some people over on MSE who have had letters http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...1#post68649237

Any chance you could scan your letter in ? (redact personal details)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Any heard of this?

My son has one of these with a Cheque interested to know whats what ouselfs

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        My son has one of these with a Cheque interested to know whats what ouselfs

These letter are coming out quite frequently many mistakes on the amount received and the amount stated in the letters it is the fake sols compo.
        nem

Comment

Can you explain that Nem please

Comment

Because J&J collections were actually just another desk in BOS they shouldn't have charged you to pass the debt over to them, because it didn't really go anywhere.

The £50 is compensation ( random ) and the refund should be the amount you paid in charges (for transferring debt to J&J Collections) back in 2005 - 2010 ish.

Really it should be those charges plus any adverse interest because of them plus 8% pa like PPI and overdraft charges, plus compensation for being misled..... IMO anyway.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Can I send letter to you Ame to redact and post it may be different to the ones others receive

Comment

Originally posted by dosh View Post
                Hi

I recieved a cheque delivered to my old address claiming to be from Capita Employee Benefits on behalf of Bank of Scotland Customer Service, for the sum of 25 pounds. It claims to be reimbursement for a charge the bank made in 2009 when they arranged the 'transfer of my debt' to 'J & J Collections, never heard of them bt the way. Stinks like a fish behind a warm radiator to be honest as the letter says the cheque is for 50. They also inform me that 'they have contacted Compello Group' who have informed us of the status of the account'. Has anyone else recieved one of these fishing letters.

well dodgy

Dosh
                Looking at this again I feel it's a way to get the debtor to acknowledge a debt by acceppting the compensation payment. Given that I've never had an account with B.oS. I am being very suspicious of this letter. I'm also in dispute with another DCA who is claiming I owe the same money as these guys. The debts have never been proved(I went CCA route, back in 2008 and you all knoiw what happened next:Nothing) and the debts is now time barred even tho' one of the creditors MKD LLP (Hi guys) have brought the original default date forward by 4 years giving the impression it's still legally forceable.
                So let's be careful out there.

Comment

Halifax, Bank of Scotland, Lloyds .... - what's the debt with MKDP ?

Can I send letter to you Ame to redact and post it may be different to the ones others receive
                  [MENTION=30456]wales01man[/MENTION] - yes of course xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I've a good idea what it's about but as they've never proven it despite DCA request to various dca's going back to 2007 MKDP are the latest in a long line of DCA's trying to collect on this debt, in fact just had a letter from Robinson Way trying to collect on this as well. I'm also in the process of getting MK to remove the date of default from my CRA file back to correctbecause they've entered it as 2014 not 2007

Comment

Had almost the same, BOS passed an alleged debt round the DCA, Blair Oliver Scott, Robinson Way, Westcott, Arrow/Westcott. Arrow/NCO, they claim I made a payment onto an alleged balance of £25.00, I had a cheque for £25 from them for "distress and inconvenience" , returned the cheque on advice and now think that this is what it is.
                      Last edited by dogtired; 1st July 2015, 19:41:PM. Reason: correccting mistake
                      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                        Had almost the same, BOS passed an alleged debt round the DCA, Blair Oliver Scott, Robinson Way, Westcott, Arrow/Westcott. Arrow/NCO, they claim I made a payment onto an alleged balance of £25.00, I had a cheque for £25 from them for "distress and inconvenience" , returned the cheque on advice and now think that this is what it is.
                        Thanks for letting me know. The sneaky wee besoms that they are. I'm still waiting to hear back from MKDP about correcting the false default date on my credit report. It'll be interesting to see if they pull that line.

Comment

That's ok #dosh think on looking at other posts BOS along with all of the ones swolled up by Lloyds etc. are about the worst for playing silly people lots of help and advice here and its good to know some one else has had he same thing happen.

Originally posted by dosh View Post
                          Thanks for letting me know. The sneaky wee besoms that they are. I'm still waiting to hear back from MKDP about correcting the false default date on my credit report. It'll be interesting to see if they pull that line.
                          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X